Chapter 17

Kendall's POV

*A Year Later*

I can't deal with it anymore.

I can't deal with the beatings and hitting.

All the bruising and cuts.

It's way worse than last time. Shannon would always hit me or beat me whenever she was mad or angry at me but now she does it for 'fun' as she calls it. Even David gives me a few beatings himself. I don't have any contact with the outside world. No school. No phone. Not even any TV. No social media to see what dad and uncle Jared's fans are saying about my sudden move. I hope they know the truth though. I want to be completely honest with everyone.

"Scumbag.. you father and I are going out for a few hours to a family BBQ at aunt Shelly's, we would bring you along but your a useless bag of shit.. don't you dare try to escape, all the windows are locked anyways and if your hungry there's a block of cheese and beer in the fridge" She then shuts the door and I wait till I hear the front door open and close and for the car to drive away. I grab a bobby pin from my drawer and pick lock the door open. I run out out my room and search the whole entire house for my phone that she hid somewhere long ago. I check their room first. In all their drawers. Nothing. Under the mattress. Bingo.

3,248 missed calls from Max❤

2,982 missed calls from Dad❤

1,994 missed calls from Mum❤

1,882 missed calls from Moose❤

1,690 missed calls from Gen❤

1,828 missed calls from Angel❤

I tear up at the thought of the one family that actually loved me. I still of course haven't forgotten about them. I look at the tattoos on my fingers everyday to remind me that I have a loving family waiting for me. I unlock my phone and go straight to my camera roll, checking that they haven't deleted all the evidence of them swearing and slapping me. Once i see that all the recordings are there i then do the next thing i've been wanting to do for the past year. Call 911. "Hi 911, what's your emergency?" the operator asks.

"Hi.. umm.. i've been at my foster home for a year and a bit now and it's just been physical and mental abuse.. i have no contact with anyone outside of the house... they never feed me food so i can't eat anything and they always lock me in my room.." I take shaky breaths before tears are silently falling down my face.

"Can i get you name please Ma'am.."

"Kendall.. Kendall Ackles"

"And is that both your foster parents Miss Ackles?"

"Yes.. both foster mother and father"

"Are they in the house with you right now?"

"God no.. otherwise i wouldn't be making this call"

At this point i was balling my eyes out, taking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down.

"Where are your parents right now?"

"At a family Barbeque.. they won't be home for a few hours"

"Okay Miss, tell me where you currently are and where your foster parents currently are"

"I'm at 29 Pilgrim St, Seattle Washington and my foster parents are at 18 Walnut St, Seattle Washington.."

"Thank you Kendall, I've contacted the officers from the Seattle Police Department Headquarters.. some should be with you and your foster parents shortly"

"Thank you so much.. i appreciate it"

I hung up and slide down the wall, sobbing. Finally happy that police are on the way. Then i finally dial dad's number after a very long time from hearing his voice. Dad dosen't even let the phone ring he picks up immediately. "Kiddo?!" he asks with hope in his voice, i sigh and choke back on a sob "Dad!" i cried "Oh my god" i added "Babe.. whats happening?" he asks "Not good! they abuse me! physically and mentally i can't deal with it anymore! they beat me up, slap me, hit me, all just for the fun of it! i barely eat, they of course took my phone away, i was cut off from the outside world and they lock me in my room" i say.

"Oh Sweetheart have you called the police?" dad questioned "Of course that's the first thing i did" i replied. Just as i was about to say something else i heard the blaring of police sirens outside of the house "I'm going to the police right now but get here as soon as you can.. meet me at the Seattle Police Department Headquarters" "Of course.. it's so good to hear your voice kiddo, i'll see you in a few hours.. love you sweetheart" i could tell he was smiling on the other end of the line "Love you too dad" i smiled back even though he couldn't see me and hung up. I then rushed out to the front yard where there was a police car waiting.

"Are you Kendall?" one of the officers ask, i nod my head "Okay... we are going to take you to the Seattle Police Department Headquarters to get a statement from you and your foster parents, do you have evidence of them mentally abusing you?" I hold out my phone "Lots.." i replied "Great we will take that in as evidence" i hand over my phone and got into the police car. Your probably wondering how i managed to get evidence. Simple. i snuck out of my room once they were gone, found my phone, ran back to my room and pressed record as soon as they both came back and thats when i got my evidence.

Of course they eventually saw the camera as they were halfway through beating me and took my phone away. But i kept on doing the same process.

*At The Police Headquarters*

As soon as i step foot into the police station it was chaos. Other officers were running around with stacks of paperwork in their hands, criminals in cells banging on the cell bars and yelling and screaming to be let out. I was led to a quiet room where i silently waited until the same police officer that i talked to before came back. "Hello Miss Kendall Ackles.. i just want you to tell me exactly what you told the operator and then i'll ask a few simple questions" The officer said "Of course" i nod and then continue "i've been at the foster home for a year and a bit now and it's just been physical and mental abuse.. i have no contact with anyone outside of the house... they never feed me food so i can't eat anything and they always lock me in my room.."

"Okay thank you Kendall.. A few other officers and i watched the videos you recorded, how did you get the phone if you said they took your phone away and locked you in your room?"

"I waited until they were both out of the house, pick locked the door with a bobby pin and found the phone.. i pressed record as soon as i heard them enter the front door, then they would do their magic, slap me, hit me, beat me.. eventually when they finish up or half way through the beating they would spot my phone beat me more and leave with my phone" i replied truthfully.

"Thank you Miss Ackles that is all i need.. we are now going to bring Shannon and David in here-" i cut him off "No! please! i do not feel comfortable being with them" i say scared "You don't have to worry Kendall, other officers will be in here aswell, you can even stand by me if you feel more comfortable" i nodded my head and the door opens revealing Shannon, David and 4 more officers holding them back from launching towards me.

"There's that fucking scum that ratted us out! you worthless piece of shit!"