Fire

Camila's PoV

A couple of weeks had passed by and I was completely exhausted. Between hockey, school, spending time with Austin and falling for Lauren, I needed time to relax.

"Kyla, what are you doing?" I asked my best friend as she rummaged through my closet.

"I am just looking for that shirt you wore last week at the Pep Rally." She blew hair out of her eyes and turned to look at my questioning look.

"Why do you want that shirt?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Cause you get all the fucking attention with it on, I want some attention too, you know," she pouted and sighed. She joined me on my bed as I had my laptop in front of me. "What are you doing?" she asked, peeking over my shoulder.

I closed the window quickly and smiled at her. "Nothing, how about we go out tonight? It's Friday and I don't feel like staying in all night."

Kyla shrugged and stood up. "Okay fine, but you're driving in this icy weather." She went back towards my closet and started her search again.

I glanced at the brunette huffing and puffing in my closet before opening the window back up on my laptop.

UrHockeyFan: Cabello? Are you with me?

I stared at the chat screen and smirked.

IcePunkInPink: Yes, sorry. Listen, Kyla and I are heading out tonight. I'm not sure where but if you're interested in joining us, you're more than welcome.

UrHockeyFan: Cool. Count me in.

I grinned at the screen. "Who's that?" Kyla said from behind me and I jumped a bit. I thought she was still digging in my closet.

"Lauren," I said calmly and leaned back on my pillows, "I invited her with us tonight, is that cool?"

Kyla nodded her head slowly and looked me up suspiciously. "Sure, that's fine. Is Austin coming?"

I laughed slightly. "Uh, no. With this new double season thing, he's finding it hard to take some time out for himself. I think he wants to be with his buds tonight." I quickly typed to Lauren that we'd pick her up within the hour and logged off.

"So has Lauren always been a hockey fan?" Kyla asked sitting down.

I got up and went towards my closet; it was my turn to find something to wear. "I would assume so," I shrugged and took off my shirt, rummaging through my closet, "why?"

Kyla rolled her eyes as if I would know what she talking about. "She's always around."

I looked up at her with a quirked eyebrow. "Jealous?"

Kyla laughed at me and quickly shook her head. "No, I'm just saying that Lauren's been around you a lot, well us a lot. Okay!" She jumped off the bed, giving me a guilty look. "I'm a little jealous, what if she takes over my best friend status?"

I laughed. "Ky, we've been best friend since our diaper age. Lauren and I are friends, plus she is Austin's cousin. I'm helping out," I pulled on a tight white low cut shirt and grabbed my favourite belt.

"You look hot!" Kyla whistled at me, and then she frowned, "I thought you said Austin wasn't coming?"

"He's not," I shrugged and grabbed my brush, raking it through my long brown hair. I couldn't tell her I was secretly hoping I'd get more of Lauren's attention. Made me wonder what Kyla would say if I told her I was having feelings for another girl.

"I tell you Mila, you really enjoy the attention." Kyla smarted off as I shot her a dirty look. "Seriously, lately you've been really dressing up and making yourself really hot, if I were a lesbian, I'd be so checking you out."