The Truth About Samantha Taylor

Lauren's PoV

She hadn't said a word since she returned from Austin's. She sat there on her bed, reading the school newsletter. She barely even looked at me and it was stinging a little.

"Camila?" I whispered, crawling so I was now in front of her. She finally looked at me and her eyes were swollen. "Hey," I caressed her cheek with my thumb, smiling softly.

Camila finally smiled softly and placed her reading material beside her in the bed. "Hey," she repeated my tone and pulled me up on my feet while she hugged me around my waist, resting her head on my stomach.

I felt my heart flutter and ran my fingers through her hair. "Did you want to talk about it?" I whispered but she shook her head, squeezing me tighter against her. "Camila," I heard her sniffle and pulled back. Tears spilled from her gorgeous eyes as she buried her face in her hands.

"He was so hurt," she sobbed, "Lauren, I've never seen him cry like that."

I swallowed and felt a little heavy hearted. "I'm sorry Camz," I sat beside her and grabbed her hand, "I really didn't want this."

"Want what?" Camila looked at me, sniffling.

"The drama," I sighed. I ran my free hand through my hair and leaned backwards, my back hitting the mattress. "I walked into your house that day on your birthday and I knew I had to get to know you. I never meant to fall in love with you."

"Lo," Camila spun herself around and traced circles on my stomach with her fingertips, "I don't regret this," she whispered before looking at me, "I don't regret what I have with you and I don't regret breaking up with Austin." She took a deep breath and spread out beside me on her stomach, her lips kissing my cheek softly. "It's just the feel of his heart crumbling in my hands, you know?"

I nodded and ran my hands through her blonde tresses, pulling her in for a brief kiss. "I'll never break your heart, Camila."

"You better not," she warned in a serious tone, "I wouldn't know how I'd react."

I sat up and wrapped my legs around her waist, pulling her close to me. "I promise," I whispered against her ear.

Camila kissed me with soft passion before pulling back, resting her forehead against mine. "I'm finally yours," she murmured against my swollen lips.

"Mine." I breathed.

She was mine.

Finally.

* * *

It was going on 10pm and Camila had practice the next morning. Seeing as I completely wiped her out during her hockey tournament, I figured it was best I let her get some much needed rest. She asked me to stay the night and as much as I wanted too, I needed to face the music.

I was a little shocked when Camila told me that Austin only mentioned my name once in their conversation. He was still hard up on thinking she was cheating on him with some other guy. I knew I was a very bad cousin. I knew that the moment Camila and I laid eyes on each other; I had swooped in and nabbed his girlfriend right under his Nike covered feet.

I shut the Cabello door behind me and shivered at the bitter air. I could hear some Carolers down the street and shook my head. It didn't even feel like Christmas. I watched as a car pulled up in the driveway behind mine and Sofi hopped out, waving at me.

"How is she?" Sofi asked nervously, biting her bottom lip. Camila had finally came home right after her sister left.

"I think she needs her sister," I smiled sadly and nodded towards the house, "she's just getting ready for bed."