Once A Flirt Always A Flirt

Camila's PoV

I ran into the arena as fast as I could, trying not to drop my gear. I was never late. I mean never late to warm-ups, games or practices. I was usually the first one on the ice, shooting the puck around, slap shooting the thing into the net.

But that day it all changed. I got the taste of what it felt like to be tardy.

Hey, it wasn't my fault that I've being made love too all night by a gorgeous brunette. Or that I was making her scream my name. If you would've told me that the taste of a woman was that intoxicating, I would've been a little skeptical. I was definitely proved wrong, all I could taste was her, all I craved was her.

"Cabello!" Coach Caron yelled over the other players who were half way through warm-ups. I stopped, out of breath, and turned around, facing him and a few of the team members who gasped when they saw I wasn't even in gear yet. 30 minutes to go until game time and I wasn't even in gear. "You're late!"

I rolled my eyes. Duh. "I know, I missed the alarm, I'm sorry." I bit my lip and waited for him to holler at me like the other nimrods that were usually late.

"Don't make it a habit." He scoffed and scratched his chin, waving his hand to dismiss me. "Hurry up Cabello, I'd hate to stick Mendes on your ass." He chuckled as the guy, fucking pussy is what I called him, snarled. He was fun to push into box seats because it made him more scared of me and the less I saw of him.

"He could only be so lucky," I hollered back, running towards the locker room. I was in gear in record time and out on that ice. For someone who never had more then 3 hours sleep, I was pretty energized. I guess Lauren and I both discovered we had amazing stamina.

Definitely a plus in my books.

Game time.

I managed to make it to the third period without a penalty. I was shocked really, I even lost my temper and shoved another player against the boards. Granted it was my own team mate, but the fucker should've passed the puck to me instead of trying to be the 'hockey' hero and score 3 seconds before second period ended. No, he had to show off and get his ass whipped by some other woman on the other team. If he would've passed the damn thing, I could've been the 'hockey' hero, damn it.

Fucking pussy. The guy would never learn.

Of course I was benched for the first five minutes of the third period but I didn't mind. I was making up for being late by playing extremely well. 12-3 City Rebels. I've scored 8 and assisted 2.

I had caught Lauren's eye well before the game started. She wore a tight blue sweater that bared her midriff and dark denim jeans. Her hair was up in a clip, allowing her long locks to hang loosely in some areas. She was sexy. She was the definition of sexy. Or she should be, at least. Trying to impress the girl was also my inspiration for kicking ass out on the ice. Knowing that I could get my girlfriend's attention by getting aggressive on the ice was icing on my cake.

"Cabello!" Coach Caron patted my back, telling me it was time to switch. I was on a roll and I never felt better than I did when I was on the ice, playing the game that had my heart.

Lauren had my heart too, she had all of me, don't get me wrong. But there were times when I would go out to the old pond and shoot the puck around while thinking of her. What should I do? How would this work out? How would my family react once they found out their precious hockey star daughter was in love with her ex-boyfriend's female cousin? When should I kiss her? Why can't she just tell me she loves me?

You know, those kind of questions. I couldn't go up to her and ask her those things. Of course most of those were answered now - with the exception of the first three. Then the more I would think of it, the more I'd drop hockey in a heartbeat just to be with her. I'd give up all my dreams to be able to hold her hand or see her smile or feel her soft touches.