Knock 'Em Dead Cabello

Camila's PoV

I laced my skates up nice and tight, smiling as I did so. The feeling of putting on those skates were indescribable. I felt empowered. "What made you get into hockey?" Lauren asked me as her chin rested on my shoulder while sipping on her highly sugar induced coffee.

"Mom tried to put me into figure skating when I was three. I hated it." I shook my head and laughed. "The skates were white and the toe pick sucked and I hated wearing those leotard thingies."

"Aww," Lauren laughed cutely and patted my head.

"Alex used to be in hockey while I was in figure skating. I wanted to be the one passing pucks around, not twirling around." I made a face.

"How come you never figured out you were gay before Austin?" Lauren laughed which caused me to laugh just as loud.

"Cabello," Normani skated up to the boards and looked at me then at Lauren, "what's wrong with you? Need help tying those skates?" She raised an eyebrow and chuckled, stepping off the ice and making her way towards us.

"Go eat some ice," Lauren mumbled under her breath and I snickered quietly.

"What was that Jauregui?" Normani stood before us in her Mustangs jersey, hair pulled back and her eyes staring at my girlfriend. I mean, they were staring at her as if she wanted to tear her to shreds. I swallowed and quickly stood up, placing my hand on her shoulder and pushing her back a bit.

"Come on, let's play this game." I looked over my shoulder and blew a kiss towards Lauren, who smiled softly and scratched behind her ear.

Normani winked at Lauren and put the hand on the small of my back, ushering me with her. I moved away and when we got by the boards I shoved Normani into a pile of snow and skated towards Austin.

"That wasn't nice." Austin laughed as we watched Normani get up and wiping snow off of her.

"But necessary." I nodded and shrugged, twirling my stick around like a baton, waiting for everyone to get on the ice.

"Alright Cabello, you're on face-off with Mahone," Normani skated towards us and swatted my butt with her stick, "don't fuck it up."

I turned around and pointed my stick at her face. "Shut. It." She only smirked and I was getting frustrated. Ignoring Normani was the best thing to do if telling her to shut up wouldn't actually shut her up. Austin smirked at me and I knew what he was thinking. I squared my eyes at him and whispered, "fuck off Austin, it's not going to happen."

Austin just shrugged and chuckled. "Just play, Mila."

I licked my lips and waited for another guy to drop the puck on the ice, signalling it was game time. I immediately checked Austin with my shoulder and shot the puck between his legs while I swooped around him and grabbed the puck again, making my way down the ice. I laughed because I heard Lauren screaming at me to shoot 'the fucking thing'.

And I did.

Score one for Cabello.

"Nice chica," Normani gave me a high five and skated away.

The girls were kicking ass out on the ice and I had to admit Normani was giving me a run for my money. She was on my team but wanted to make a point that she could score as well. I let her.

Seriously, as much as she was giving me the run around, I let her score some goals just so she'd get off my back.

Literally.

"Take ten!" Austin yelled out of breath and I made my way towards Lauren, who was huddled under a blanket.

"Break her leg," Lauren whispered.