One Or Two Tangles At A Time

Sofia's PoV

She sat on the couch next to me, her hands clasped tightly together as she watched her feet tap the hardwood floor lightly. "If you could find it in your heart to forgive me Sofi, I promise you I'll never look at another woman again."

I couldn't help but chuckle lightly at her opening line. "I don't care if you look," I said quietly, "it's the kissing I don't like."

Sammy leaned back on the couch and looked at me, tears spilling gently down her cheeks. "I know there's not much I can say that can make it better, Sofi. I messed up and I'm paying for it. I'm so sorry I hurt you."

"Did it mean anything?" I asked in a shaky voice, terrified of the answer. "The kiss, did it mean anything to you, Sam?"

Sammy nodded. "Goodbye."

I tilted my head and frowned slightly. "Goodbye?"

"The night started out nice," she explained nervously, "we had dinner and put in a movie. But then she started talking about our past and how much she still hurt over the fact that I broke up with her. I never realized how bad I hurt her, Sofi. She just sat there telling me everything she was feeling and it broke my heart to know I caused that," she leaned forward, placing her head in her hands and sighed heavily, "she kissed me and I responded for a nano-second before I pushed her away," her blue eyes looked at me and I immediately reached for her hand, "god Sofi, I couldn't do that to you."

"Sam," I breathed as she dropped to her knees in front of me, crying into my lap. I threaded my fingers through her hair, allowing my own heart to break for hers. "It's okay."

And it was okay. I could tell she was being honest by the tone of her voice. I tucked my hand under her chin and brought her face to face with me. I smiled and wiped away her tears before leaning forward and capturing her lips with mine. I felt her sigh heavily into me.

Feet stomping down the stairs pulled us out of our world and I noticed Camila throwing on her coat before hearing the door slam. Sammy and I shared an 'oh shit' look before I scattered up and followed my sister.

We could never all be happy at once, now could we?

* * *

Camila's PoV

"Camila!" I heard my name being yelled from the doorway and I just hung my head down. I heard the footsteps approach me. "Mila, what happened?"

"Just leave me alone, Sofi." I whispered, leaning against the tree in the yard. My feet were freezing because all I had on was my slippers and the snow was fresh. I looked up at my bedroom window and shook my head. "God I'm an idiot."

"Did you want me to agree?" Sofi playfully poked my side and slid against the other side of the tree trunk.

"I said leave me alone." I pushed myself off the tree and started towards my vehicle.

"No," Sofi frowned and grabbed me, spinning me around, "as a sister I know I should back off because you could beat me senseless," she frowned and squared her jaw, "but we both know that we're friends now Camila. I'm not just your little sister and I'm not going to leave you alone. So talk." She raised an eyebrow. "Now."

"I have something that really isn't for me to say," I started and swallowed, "but keeping it from Lauren just seems wrong." I took a deep breath and looked at the concern in Sofi's brown eyes. "Just for the record, I'm upset with what Sam did but at the same time, I really don't have much room to talk."

Sofi shook her and smiled. "I know you care about me Mila. I know that it kills you inside because you're faithful to me and yet you're condemning yourself because you made the same mistake." She paused at my laugh interrupting her.