Bleeding Love

Lauren's PoV

Austin knocked on my door a few minutes after I slammed it. He looked at me confused when I wiped my face with a hot cloth. "What's up? I heard arguing."

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"Laur..." Austin stepped forward and tilted his head to the side. "Mom mentioned you two were arguing about the game? Mila was upset that you weren't there."

I sighed heavily and sat on my bed. Fresh tears spilled and I couldn't help it. They were coming whether Austin stood there or not. "Yea, I broke my promise and she's not forgiving me."

He nodded and cleared his throat. "She was just nervous is all. First game with the Rebels. She would've loved to have her best friend there, aside from Kyla."

"I don't think you can exactly call me a best friend, Austin." I snapped and laid down on my bed. "I just want to be alone."

Austin nodded, shoving his hands in his pockets and made his way out of my room. "Night." And the door was closed

And my own sobs racked my own body.

I guess I had cried myself to sleep because when I woke up, it was just after 11pm. I sat up and wiped my eyes, looking at my cell I noticed a text message. I was hoping it was from Camila, but I knew it wouldn't be.

What happened?! Camila's not talking to anyone! Fix it. Now.

Sofi. I shot up out of my bed and opened my door, noticing my Aunt and Uncle had already retired to bed. I quietly snuck downstairs and pulled my boots on. It may be late, but better late then never. I had to make things right with Camila, I had too.

"Where you going?" Austin scared me. He was coming from the kitchen with an overstuffed sandwich in one hand and a glass of milk in the other.

"Out." I replied, throwing my scarf and hat on.

"Where?" He asked with his mouthful. His robe hung open as his boxers showed. What did Camila see in him?

"None of your business." I opened the door and shut it behind me. I trusted Austin enough to cover for me. He wouldn't want me to tell his parents that their precious son was taking steroids, now would he?

I parked my car on the corner of the street and found myself standing at the door of the woman I love. Taking a deep breath, I knocked. I knew it was just the two Cabello girls home that night so it made my nerves disappear somewhat. The door flew open and brown eyes stared at me. "What are you doing here?" Sofi hissed.

"Fixing it." I said deadpanned, waving my cell in her face. "Is Camila here?" I already knew the answer.

"Yea but she doesn't want to see you." Her voice was rather cold. I hurt her sister and even though Sofi and I were closer friends, I couldn't blame her for the tone she was using. Camila was her sister and in Sofi's world, family came first.

"I know, but I need to see her." I pleaded, linking my hands together, begging her.

The young Cabello sighed and moved to the side. "She's in her room," she bit her lip and looked at me cautiously, "if she asks, you barged your way in here. I didn't let you in."

I nodded and thanked her. I made my way up the stairs and practiced my speech in my head. I knew the moment I saw her, it'd end up flying out of my brain anyway, but I had to try. I could hear faint music coming from her bedroom. Raising my hand, I knocked softly.

"I told you Sofi," she hollered in a broken tone, "leave me alone!"

"Um," I rested my forehead against her bedroom door, "it's not Sofi." I heard the music stop and held my breath as footsteps came closer.