Chicken Soup For The Hockey Lovers Soul

Camila's PoV

It took her four hours to call me after she got home. Four hours of pure torture. I had to listen to my own brain talk to me.

Scary, I know.

Sofi was with Sammy for the evening, Kyla wasn't feeling well and Trixie was on a date with Madison. It would be times like this I'd call up Austin and we'd hang out. Watch movies, talk, go skating, play basketball, go clubbing or, well, the other things are no longer worth mentioning.

So I won't.

I glanced at the phone as it started vibrating in my hand. I grinned and flipped it open. "It's about damn time," I said playfully.

"I know, I'm sorry!" Her voice sounded tired. "My parents had a huge welcome home party for me as soon as I got there. God Camz, I just wanted to turn around and come back to you."

"Five days," I smiled and clutched the phone harder in my hand, as if it'd make me get closer to her. "Five days and you'll be back in my bed."

I could hear her grin on the phone. "Exactly, I'm home for five days, so why hold me a party?" I heard her snort and her eyes roll. Yes, I heard her eyes roll.

"Did you at least have people there, you liked?" I asked, hoping it wasn't that bad.

"Well, yea, I mean... I could've done without the ex-" she was cut off by me.

"Ex?" I closed my eyes tightly, cursing myself. Lauren was over 2,500 miles away. Approximately 41 hours away from me. And I had to sound like a jealous girlfriend within a minute of our first phone call. "Sorry," I whispered softly.

"Don't be," she replied quietly, "Camz, it's not like I asked her to be here."

"I know and before you say anything, I trust you." I offered honestly, hoping she'd believe me. I did trust Lauren. She gave me no reason to not trust her.

"Thank you," her voice sounded grateful and it followed with a sigh, "my mom thought I was still with her. Ally failed to mention the fact that I broke up with her before leaving to live there so everyone thought we were still together."

"Ally," I allowed the name to roll off my tongue, "why would she pretend she's still with you?"

"I don't know." Lauren sighed tiredly. "I guess she's still in love with me?"

"I don't think it's that easy to fall out of love with you Lo," I said lightly and sighed, biting my lip, "are you?"

"Am I what?" She asked confused.

"In love with her."

She snorted. She snorted and laughed almost uncontrollably. "Camila," she calmed herself down and breathed softly into the phone, "I never knew what love felt like until you came along," there was a pause before she continued, "I'll admit, I wasn't big on commitment. I," she hesitated but I could tell she was going to finish whatever she started, "I've done things I regret while being with Ally. I wasn't the most honest person with her, or faithful."

"Lo," I drew her name out, in a way that told her she could stop talking if she wanted too, I knew she didn't have to explain her old ways. I trusted her.

"I just don't want you thinking that I'd ever hurt you," she whispered sadly, "because I wouldn't. I wouldn't ever jeopardize what we have."

"I know." I smiled into the phone, hoping she could hear my smile like I could hers. "I believe you."

I heard someone yell her name in the background and she yelled something back but it sounded muffled. "Ugh, I have to go baby," she whined, "mom and dad are wanting to head to bed so I have to help with the clean up."