When Parents Involve Themselves

Camila's PoV

"Camila!" Sofi came bounding down the stairs like a five year old, a big smile plastered to her face. "You guys made it home!" She threw her arms around me.

I grinned and accepted my sister's hug. "Did mommy forget to tuck you in at night time? Are you deprived of human contact?" I laughed as Sofi shook her head, eyes widening.

"You and Lauren have been spending way too much time together." She chuckled and gave my girlfriend a brief hug.

"So, have you been deprived?" I teased and threw my hockey bag in the closet while following Lauren and Sofi up the stairs with my dirty laundry. Lauren had a nice ass. We stopped at the top of the stairs and I smirked as Sammy sat on Sofi's bed listening to her iPod. "Okay, no deprivation for my lil sis."

"Sofi and Sammy up in a tree, K-I-S-S-" Sofi clamped Lauren's mouth and glared at me.

"You told me you'd talk to her about that!" She hissed at me, eyes narrowing playfully.

I leaned against her bedroom doorframe and smirked. "I'm sorry, I guess my mouth was rather full all weekend," I glanced at a smirking Sammy, who tried not to eavesdrop, and nodded towards her, "hey Sammy."

"Camila!" Sofi growled and pushed Lauren away slightly, waggling a warning finger at her. "You stop it with that song, hear me?"

"Ou," Lauren licked her lips, teasing my sister, "you're hot when you're mad, baby Cabello."

"Camila! Control your girlfriend!" Sofi turned read and stuck her tongue out at me while I laughed hard, holding my stomach. It was a funny situation. Lauren made Sofi blush a deep red, Sammy was glaring at Lauren, who was smiling innocently and I was just amused.

"Girls!" My mom came up the stairs with a laundry basket in hand. "Oh Camila, I'm so happy you're home safe."

I smiled and nodded. I couldn't figure out my mom. She really could care less where we were as long as we called her and kept safe. Other times she would show another side where she did care what happened in our lives and if it was going to screw us over in the future. "Dad home?" I asked, moving aside so she could put the basket in Sofi's room.

"Downstairs about to make dinner," she looked over at Lauren with a huge smile, "we're excited to have you over tonight Lauren. Alejandro and I were talking and aside from knowing that you're Austin's cousin, we don't know much about you."

"Because you never took the time out," I rolled my eyes as Sofi nudged me. I was hot and cold with Sinu. "Lauren's been here since September mom, it's not like she's that new. She's spent the night here plenty of times." I swallowed as Lauren and Sofi glared at me. I didn't mean for that to slip. I snuck Lauren in and there were only a few times when Sinu would know she was spending the night.

Sinu didn't notice though, she just smiled. "I'm looking forward to dinner. Why don't you girls get settled in and I'll call you when it's ready."

"Did you need help, Mrs. Cabello?" Lauren asked politely, smiling her best smile. It melted my heart and by the look on my mom's face, it melted hers as well.

"No sweetie and please call me Sinu? Why don't you and Camila just chill for a bit. I bet you two are wiped out from all the action this weekend." Innocent observation, but she was so right – for other reasons.

I smirked and was elbowed by Lauren. "Ow," I growled and smiled at my mom, "yea, it's hard being the star hockey player." I said rather dramatically.

Sinu nodded silently and squeezed me on my shoulder while make her way back downstairs.

"I'm surprised you can even balance yourself on the ice with your head so swollen." Sofi chuckled and I glared at her.