Silence Speaks Volumes

Lauren's PoV

I've known Camila for almost a month and a half. Two weeks out of that I never spoke to her because she ignored me. It hurt. You know how it is when someone you crave constant attention with completely shuts you of her their life.

Stings, doesn't it?

That night was different though. After I told her I was tired of having her ignore me, she became more...needy. Which I absolutely loved every second of it.

We made it out to the vehicle where Trixie, Kyla and Sofi were huddled in the back, chattering their jaws. I guess they figured I deserved the pleasure of sitting up front with one gorgeous brunette?

So not complaining.

I've never really had the chance to get to know any other Cabello except Camila. She seemed to be the one who pulled away from her family trying to set a future that only she'd see fit to be on. It wasn't like she trashed her family but she simply stated that she didn't feel like she belonged. She'd rather be alone. I felt sorry for her at first.

As of late, she started to hang out with her little sister. I was only introduced once and I haven't seen her since, unless it was at school and I'd see her walking down the hallways with her friends.

Sofi Cabello. Short for Sofia. She looked exactly like Camila, only she had jet black hair and darker shade brown eyes. They shared so many other characteristics and that intrigued me.

No, don't get me wrong, I was definitely not developing a thing for little Cabello. But she did share the same sense of humour as her older sister. She shared some of the same looks and sarcastic comments. I found them laughing at jokes when everyone remained confused.

I got to know more about Sofi later on that night at Pizza Hut. She was very quiet when it came to being around other people. Camila mentioned she hated big crowds so it amazed me that she was even out with us while the whole team was seated at one long ass table.

"You going to eat that?" A voice leaned over and whispered in my ear. I turned my head and found darker shade eyes looking at me. I smirked as Sofi pointed to my cheese bread. "They're my favourite and Camila never orders more than the one serving."

Camila leaned over the other side of me, raising an eyebrow at her sister. "I heard that and you know what? We're having pizza too, so you don't need to be filled up on cheesy bread!"

Yes. I had the privilege to sit between the two sisters.

"Well you know much I love cheesy bread Mila!" Sofi pouted.

I giggled at Camila's eyeroll as the rest of her hockey team chattered amongst themselves. Kyla, Sofi and I were the only non-players at that table. Camila muttered something and grabbed our waitress on the way by.

She ordered a half order of cheese bread just for her sister.

"I love you!" Sofi grinned and looked down at her plate, blushing.

Camila sneered but I noticed the grin on her face. She liked making her sister happy.

"Cabello doesn't have a heart of stone when it comes to her little sister, after all." I whispered in her ear.

She looked at me and blushed. "Well I wouldn't want her to go home and tell mom and dad that I starved her," she snorted, "she's done it before."

"That's because you really did starve me!" Sofi said from over my shoulder.

"Whatever Sofi, you were too stubborn to eat what was put in front of you!" Camila shot back.

I was glad I was an only child.

"Mila, you made her macaroni cheese soup," Kyla spoke from the other side of Camila.

"She loves cheese," Camila defended herself and pouted.

"Not runny watered down cheese," Sofi scrunched up her face. "God that was gross."

"Hey!" Camila was willing to continue their banter when I interrupted.

I leaned forward and bumped my lips against Camila's ear so lightly, anyone would've thought I was just whispering a secret. "You're so damn adorable when you get flustered," I breathed, keeping my lips there longer than I should have. I felt her shiver and it made me happy.

Camila cleared her throat and looked at me. A glint in her eyes told me that she was holding everything back from tackling my lips at that moment.

Yea, she wanted me.

Sofi poked my shoulder and leaned into my ear. "Are you in love with her?"

I whipped my head around and stared at the young Cabello. Was I what now? She stunned me. I was stunned. Damn she could read body language better than anyone I knew.

And she laughed at me. "I'll take that as a yes," she looked back at her plate and began to work on the fresh cheese bread that was put in front of her.

I wasn't in love with Camila Cabello.

I wasn't. I couldn't be.

Really.

Fuck it, I was definitely falling in love with Camila Cabello.

Either way, my silence told her my answer.