Here I Am Dedicated To Kyla

Camila's PoV

We sat down a rarely used hallway by the gym. Kyla remained quiet on our walk down there and it unnerved me a little. "So, how have you been?" I asked, sinking down against the wall, placing my shoulder bag next to me.

Kyla shrugged, "lost?"

I bit my lip and pulled out a Mars bar and offered it to Kyla. Her favourite. She refused at first. "Come on, consider it the first piece to building our friendship bridge back together." I offered it again with a genuine smile.

Kyla finally cracked a smile and took it, thanking me. "How's hockey?"

"Exhausting!" I answered truthfully and rolled my shoulders, popping them. "I had practice this morning with the school and one tonight with Rebels."

Kyla opened her Mars bar and offered me a piece, which I took. "You kicked ass on the ice this past weekend," she whispered, "they showed replays on the local sports channel."

I laughed and asked her if she saw the prick that tripped me for no reason.

"I know, what a dick right?" Kyla laughed and it warmed my heart. "You always seem to punch 'em back."

"He had it coming." I shrugged innocently and opened my bag, taking out a notebook. "I wrote you a note," I ripped it out and crumpled it up, "but I think we should talk about everything instead of it being one sided and on a piece of paper."

Kyla nodded. "I agree."

"I know things have been a little off between us Ky," I sighed and leaned against the wall, "and I hate it. You're my best friend and we should never argue like this, or worse yet, ignore."

"I agree," she bit her lip and opened her mouth as if she wanted to say something but closed it shut again.

"Austin and I broke up." I said out of nowhere. The look on her face told me that he hadn't told her. She looked shocked as hell. "Last night, I broke up with him."

"Oh God Camila," she shook her head and stared at me, "you two were so perfect with each other."

I smiled sadly and mirrored her actions of shaking my own head. "No, we weren't. We had a good time while it lasted but things aren't the same anymore."

"Wow," Kyla sank back further into the wall and grabbed her stomach slightly. "He uh, he never mentioned that last night." She looked away from my curious gaze and put her head down.

"You saw him last night?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Well," she sighed heavily, "he came over and wanted to talk. We went to Johnny's when we noticed Lauren with Sammy so we turned around and went to that little pizza shop you and I love so much."

I nodded and held back the slight twinge of jealousy. Believe it or not, I wasn't jealous over Austin, I was jealous over the fact that my best friend was the shoulder my ex was crying on. I needed Kyla more than I let on. "Oh, um, why take you out if he never mentioned me breaking up with him?" I asked.

She shrugged but I could tell there was something she was hiding.

"Kyla," I urged her on and turned to face her, "whatever it is, just, tell me."

"I-" she took a deep breath and shook her head.

"Kyla Woods, if you don't tell me so help me God I'll tell your parents about your late night sleepovers with past boyfriends." I eyed her up and challenged her.

"You wouldn't!" She shrieked and her eyes went wide. "Camila!"

No, I wouldn't. I wasn't that mean. "If there's something bothering you, you can tell me." I said softly.