Musically Challenged

Lauren's PoV

I opened the door and walked out into my bedroom. Kyla sighed a 'finally' and shot up from my bed.

"I don't understand why you spend so much time getting ready Laur, we're just heading to Johnny's to grab some lunch." She looked at the clock on my bedside table.

"Sorry, I just wanted to make sure I looked good." I muttered. "I'm a girl, I have a right."

She snorted. "You just want to look good for Camila."

I shook my head. Her non-stop Camila comments were coming a mile a minute the past week. She knew how I felt and she used that to her advantage to get under my skin. That was the reason why I was thankful that I never had any siblings – especially ones like Kyla.

"Is Sofi going?" I changed the subject and put on my favourite bracelet. Camila bought it for me last week after we made up. Yes, it was a week since her and I had gotten back on the right track. A week since I've felt Camila shiver from my touches or moan from my kisses. Out of that week, I've only seen her one time outside of school and it was because she was heading out with Austin to his game. Other than that, she was busy with school or hockey. I didn't mind though, she'd call me every morning to leave a voicemail for when I woke up or I'd call her right before she'd head to bed.

Kyla nodded. "Yea, she's meeting us there with her friend Sammy."

I nodded and grabbed my coat, ushering her out the door. I saw Camila in Austin's room, straddling his chair while he threw on a t-shirt. I rolled my eyes as she smiled at him while he playfully flexed. Finally her eyes caught mine. She grinned and scratched behind her ear. Our secret 'I love you' signal. I repeated it and stood in the doorway. "You two lovebirds ready? Kyla's getting antsy and she thinks she's starving to death. Even though I fed her waffles earlier after her cheer practice."

It seemed that ever since Austin knew how I felt towards Camila, Kyla was spending more and more time with me. I found it rather odd, seeing as she was the brunette's best friend. I guess that opened up Austin's window to spend time with his girlfriend.

My girlfriend.

"I am starving to death!" Kyla pouted and looked at her best friend.

Camila laughed and swung her leg over the chair, standing up. Flexible much? I grinned and leaned against the doorframe. "So Mila, are we going to work on the career project this weekend?"

No. That wasn't code. Camila and I were assigned to be partners in a school project. Call it luck that she pulled my name out of the cap Mr. Handstead had with everyone's names. She was basically going to be my 'spouse' for the remainder of the semester. We had to keep up a weekly budget with the careers that were chosen for us. Kind of like the game of Life. We each had a salary; we had a house payment picked out and all that grown up shit.

At first, Mr. Handstead figured we'd be uncomfortable with being a 'same-sex' couple, he tried to get us to trade. There were a few guys that were willing to have Camila as their 'wife'. Yea. Right. You think I was giving up that perfect time consuming opportunity?

Please.

Camila shook her head and said if she could see herself being 'married' to anyone in the class, it'd be me.

I was very happy.

So my question was being honest.

"Yes, I have a game tonight with Rebels but you could always come over afterwards?" Camila smiled, standing cutely in front of me.

"I'm so there watching you play!" I grinned and she smiled in thanks. That would be her second game with the Rebels. Playing for two teams was really tiring her out, but she enjoyed the work out. I knew it kept her mind off things that were really going on.