Moody And Goodbye To You

Camila's PoV

"I can't be out of the game!" I yelled and punched the glass on the boards. "He had it coming!"

"Doesn't matter Cabello, you're out." The referee pointed to the box where my team was and my Coach shook his head. "No sweet talking yourself out of this one."

"Fuck off," I muttered and skated towards my team.

"Cabello, go hit the showers." Coach Caron didn't even look at me as I shook my head and made my way to the locker room.

"Cabello," I heard that voice and it made me cringe, the one that made me lose my cool in the first place, "look, I didn't mean it okay? I was just trying to distract you."

I whipped around to find Mendes standing in front of me, his helmet off, gauze stuck up his nose from the punch I gave him. "Fuck you Mendes!" I made my ways towards him. "I'm on your fucking team! Why did you find the need to distract me?"

"Because you're too damn good, how the hell else are we supposed to get recognized?" He frowned meanly.

"Jealousy is not the biggest turn on," I spat and went to turn around but before I could, he tugged me back towards him, "let go."

"It hit a chord," he smugly smirked, "when I said that I'd love to have a piece of your best friend, Lauren, is it? You snapped."

"You best shut the fuck up." I coldly voiced, ripping my wrist free. "You're just hurt, your male ego is hurt because I want nothing to do with you."

"Whatever you say Cabello," he laughed, his hair sticking to his skin, "you'll see, I'll be within Lauren in no time."

The fucking nerve of him.

"Did you not just get your ass whipped out there?" I shook my head and laughed menacingly. "You want me to finish this here?" I flicked him on the nose and he hit his knees crying like the fucking pussy he was. "Leave me and Lauren alone you fucknut."

You probably think that I got kicked out of the game for a stupid reason, right? The fact that I let him get to me? Yea, it really was a stupid move on my part. I would've never lost my game concentration on anyone before. But when he made a few crude comments about Lauren, my Lauren, just so he could steal the show, fuck that. I turned around and kneed him in the gut, tore off his helmet and popped him a good one.

After my shower, I got dressed and leaned against my locker. There was just too much building up inside me and I needed to allow myself to take some time to figure out how I was going to work through it all. All the lies that were still being tangled, nagged at me. I couldn't stand the fact that I had to lie to Lauren about Kyla. I lied to Austin about my unfaithfulness to him and with whom. It started to eat at me from the core, working its way outwards and the more it surfaced, the moodier I became. I hated feeling pent up frustration without nothing or no one to take it out on.

Mendes and his crude comments about taking Lauren was the last straw. And all because he wanted the fucking puck.

"Penny for your thoughts?" That husky voice echoed through the walls.

"I'm afraid they aren't even worth that much." I threw my brush in my bag and zipped it up. I glanced at Lauren, she was wearing a white sweater with jeans that had holes in them. Her hair was down, wavy curls perfectly placed where she liked them. "You look beautiful," I whispered quietly before throwing the bag over my shoulder.

"Thanks." A blush crawled upon her cheeks as she sat down on the bench next to my other hockey bag. "What happened out there?" Her emerald eyes held such concern it broke my heart.