Decided By An Envelope

Camila's PoV

I stared at the envelope in front of me and sighed heavily. I didn't know what to expect to read from UBC. My hopes were so high with the confidence that everyone was giving me, I was scared that it would all shatter if I was rejected.

"Hey," Sofi came up behind me in the kitchen and grabbed a juice from the fridge, "are you okay?"

I smiled and pushed the envelope aside. "Of course," it was her big night with the opening of the musical, I didn't want to ruin it with my mood. I would wait until afterwards to open it up.

"Where's Lauren?" Sofi sat across from me and frowned.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mahone are having a family dinner. It's already the beginning of June, can you believe it?" I shook my head and looked at the kitchen window, where the sun was shining brightly. It was the hottest day of the summer yet.

"I know," she sighed and bit her nail, "I'm so nervous about tonight."

"Don't be Sofi, you'll do really great and they'll love you on stage." I patted her hand. "Mom and Dad will be there as well, so it's like, a family affair."

"Are Lauren, Austin and Kyla going to be there?" Sofi asked, wiggling in her chair like an excited five year old.

"Duh." I rolled my eyes and yanked her juice away from her, taking a sip. "Where's Sam?"

"Helping Lindley set up," she smiled softly, "hey Mila?"

"Hmm?" I tilted my head and watched my sister fidget a little bit. "What is it?"

"I'm sorry for putting you and Lauren through hell last month. I know we've talked and cleared the air but I just wanted you to know that I'm sincerely sorry." Sofi smiled sadly and shrugged her shoulders. "Sam's been really great and I shouldn't have broken up with her the first time around."

"You're young," I smiled and patted her shoulder, "you needed to let her go before winning the real thing, which was a love that you two now share."

"Look at you, being all insightful and shit." Sofi winked and I punched her on the shoulder. "Fuck, you still hit like a guy."

Sure as hell I did.

"Let me tell you how freakin' happy mom was when she found you in bed with Sammy that morning, last month." I chuckled.

"Camila!" She gasped and narrowed her eyes at me. "You promised you would never mention that again!"

Yea, it was nice to know that I wasn't the only Cabello girl that got caught in beds – naked.

I had to rub it in a little bit.

"Hey, be proud," I shrugged and smirked, "I've perfected it."

Sofi let out a giggle and shook her head. "So what is that?" She pointed to the envelope I had shoved aside earlier.

"Nothing." I pocketed it and tapped her hand, "really, it's nothing. Tonight is your night so let's go and get you ready."

Sofi eyed me up suspiciously and the moment I let her go in front of me, because I knew she'd try and snatch the envelope away from me, she knew something was up. She never pushed though.

"You're graduating in two weeks, Camila." Sofi sighed happily and sat on her bed while I rummaged through her closet. "And you're going to head to BC with Lauren and leave me here all alone."

I quirked an eyebrow. "You won't be alone, you have Sammy."

Sofi shook her head. "She's going to Montreal for school. I won't be able to see her all the time."