Cool In College (Michael X Jeremy)

"Happy birthday Jeremy!"
"Thanks Michael" I flash a weak smile on my face as I stare at the male through my computer screen. "So... how does it feel to be kicked out of your dorm on your birthday?" Michael asks me, making me shrug my shoulders.

"Not so bad. I'm crashing at Evan and Connors until I get my own place" I tell him as I sigh, leaning against the bare wall of my bedroom. Michael chuckles, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah That asshole Connor Murphy has the nerve to graduate before me, then leaves me alone to die" He says dramatically, putting a hand to his forehead for extra dramatic effect making me laugh.

"Of course Michael.... speaking of... When do you graduate again?" I ask curiously, I haven't gotten any information on his graduation. I want to be able to make it. Instead of giving me a straight answer, the other male shrugs. "I'll keep you posted, okay?" he says making me nod slowly, blowing some hair out of my face.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but I hate the fact me and Michael ended up going to different colleges... he went to one with an astounding Music program... I obviously didn't. Although I finally graduated with a masters in math.

So much for both of us being 'cool in college'. Together at least. Michael wasn't wrong when he said we'd be cool. I am! I've made a bunch of friends and I have no squip to tell me to stop being a dork this time around, and god I'm thankful for it.

"Again, I'm really sorry I couldn't make it down for your birthday, love" my boyfriend says in a quiet tone. making me shrug, masking my disappointment. "It's fine, honestly. I'd rather you do stuff for school than worry about me." I tell him, smiling weakly, "Oh by the way... what's with the getup? I've never seen you in a suit before... you look incredible"

My compliment makes Michaels face visibly heat up. "I-it's for one of my geeks here. She invited me and a few others to dinner... remember Veronica?" He asks and I nod my head. "Yes of course! I've heard stories of the fabled 'Veronica Sawyer and her girlfriend Heather Macaroni' I say, causing Michael to laugh, pushing his glasses up.

"Yep! They act like they've known each other since grade school or something... but it's only been a few years..." he explains, still giggling like a child, I fold my arms with a grin. "They don't got nothing on us. How long has it been?" I ask my boyfriend.

"Hm... I dunno mister 'I have a math degree, you tell me' Michael retorts mockingly. I roll my eyes as I put a pencil to my lip. "Well... we've been dating since grade 10 right? We knew each other for 12 years then... it's been roughly-" "19 years. We've known eachother for 19 years and have been dating for 7" Michael states proudly.

After about an hour of skyping, Michael perks up, suddenly extremely excited. "Oh my god Jeremy did you get your gift yet??" Michael asks, confusing me slightly. "No...? Why?" I ask, tilting my head.

"I sent Connor with it! Call him so I can yell at him" he says pouting. I laugh quietly, looking at my open door. "Yo Connor! Michael wants to talk to you!" I yell, and a moment later, the brunette pops his head into the room. "Hm?" The tall man asks, looking at my laptop screen. Michael waves with a bright smile.

"Give my darling Jeremy his birthday present" Michael tells him, Connor nods his head slowly. "Oh... y-yeah! Okay!" Connor exclaims suddenly extremely excited. He runs out of the room, yelling for me to follow as he calls out for Evan.

"Call me when you get your gift, okay?" Michael asks, an adorable grin on his face. "Alright. I'll Talk to ya later. Love you Michael!" "Love you too Jere" I close my laptop and quickly follow my two roommates out of the building.

"Where are we going...?" I ask curiously, making Evan laugh. "T-that'll ruin the surprise!" He informs me smiling as Connor stops in front of his car. "Wow a car ride?" I glance at Connor, who nods his head. "Yes get in!"

I shrug and we all hop into the car, I get the entire backseat to myself. "Jeremy close your eyes!" "Oh god am I gonna get murdered?" I question, narrowing my eyes at Evan, who laughs and shakes his head. I shrug again as I close my eyes.

After about a ten minute car ride, Connor stops the car and we all get out. "Where are we??" I ask, stumbling around blind. "Trust us!" I hear a few murmurs around me, and I sigh.

The two males lead me somewhere, and then they both let go of me. "What is this a febreze commercial?" I hear Evan laugh quietly, I shove my hands in the pockets of my hoodie as I hear Connor say, "open your eyes" and when I do, my eyes practically light up.

My roommates brought me to the park that wasn't all that far from the dorms, but it's absolutely beautiful at this time of night. Right at sunset over the beautiful view of the lake. I stare at the sunset for a moment, walking up to the railing, leaning my elbows on the cold steel looking over the water.

I smile brightly as I get a call on my phone. "Hello?" "Hey love, did you get your gift?" I grin, nodding my head. "You mean the sunset?" I ask, hearing a chuckle from the other side. "You're adorable, y'know?" Michael replies, making me frown slightly. "What do you mean?"

"Look at your cell" I do, and My eyes widen when I realize Michael hung up immediately after I called. "W-wha-" "turn around"

I whip around and put a hand to my mouth. In front of me, my beloved boyfriend stands. Michael Mell. "M-Michael!" I cheer, running up to the male, Hugging him tightly as he chuckles. "Hey Jere" he replies, ruffling my hair as he let's go and looks down at me.

"but I-I thought you couldn't come until after you were done graduating-" Michael kisses me lightly and smiles. "It was the reason I couldn't come to yours. We graduated on the same day. Jared and I skyped the whole thing" he informs me.

"with a little help from my good pals Rich and Jake, I bought a cute little house 'round here. They owed me a bit after I helped with their relationship. The house is... Right next to those nerds" he says pointing to Evan and Connor, who were holding hands and watching us. Evan smiles brightly and waves.

I wave back and then turn to look back at Michael. "So unless you want me to be all alone-" the male in front of me leads on, making me roll my eyes. As if I'd say no. "I'd love to move in with you, Michael!" I say hugging him again, a huge smile on my face as I do so.

He hugs me back, a hint of blush on his freckled cheeks. "B-but... just out of curiosity... why the suit?" I ask, tilting my head at Michaels nervous chuckle. He takes a step back from me, still holding onto my hands. "You really think I'd wear a suit to ask you to live with me?" He asks making me shrug.

Michael takes a deep, shaky breath. "J-Jeremy... we've known eachother for a hell of a long time... we were best friends graduating grade school, boyfriends graduating high school, and college. Which I great, but... we're stuck on a level... a-and I wanna move on... so... uh... J-Jeremy Heere..."

My eyes widen with shock as Michael gets down on one knee, his face bright red. "W-will you marry me?" My eyes well up with tears as the male opens a small box with an engagement ring in it.

~Michaels P.O.V~
The whole park is dead silent.

My heart is beating in my chest as I look up at my boyfriend.

He wouldn't say no... right?

It's only a matter of seconds, before the male in front of me nods, his eyes sparkling in the evening light. "y-yes! O-of course I'll marry you, Michael!" He cheers sounding ecstatic. I break out into a huge smile as I stand up, I slip the ring onto his finger and he pulls me into a kiss, which I gladly return.

"I love you so much Michael Mell" The shorter male says, grinning like an absolute dork. "I-I love you too Jeremy Heere... I always have, and I always will"

Jeremy laughs, tears rolling down his face as he looks at me, his face flushed bright red. Connor and Evan clap excitedly while Rich and Jake cheer loudly in the distance. I cup Jeremy's face in my hands, wiping away his tears.

"You've made me the happiest person alive. Happy birthday, Love..." I whisper, making him blush and smile. "Thank you so much Michael... I-I love
you so much" he whispers back as we kiss once more.

It truly was the best day of my life.