Unnamed Kleinsen

"Evan come on let's go outside!" "No jared""Evan it's been three days and you haven't went outside once-" "because my skin still feels like it's on fire!" Evan squeaked as Jared grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the back door. "come on asshole your sunburn can't control you" he said looking at the other, his cheeks slightly red with blush as he held Evans wrist tightly. "Well I'm in pain and not wearing a shirt" the blonde retorted, and jared wiggled his eyebrows, "I can see that" he started laughing as Evan stuttered something inaudible.

"You seem to have a sunburn too jared... your face is red" jared put a hand to his own face, chuckling nervously. Silently thanking god that Evan was so damn oblivious to literally everything in life. "Wow uh... yeah so what? I want to go swimming lets go" he said quickly, before he practically dragged Evan outside.

Evans face, shoulders and most of his back was dark red from a sunburn he had gotten a few days before, due to swimming for roughly 6 hours with Jared in his pool. It hurt To the point Evan couldn't wear a shirt, simply because the stinging of the fabric against his burnt skin. "Jared are you really sure-" he heard a loud splash as he saw his best friend flailing violently in the pool. "Oh no Evan save me I forgot how to swim!" The male yelled dramatically, making Evan laugh and run to the pool, jumping in right after him. "My saviour has returned!" Jared cheered, pretending to flail around helplessly.

"Oh hush my mom is going to kill me if my burn gets any worse" jared nodded, the blush on his face increasing as Evan held him in his arms. "Shit you're strong" the dark haired boy pointed out, making Evan laugh quietly. "W-well yeah... I guess. But I think it's because we're in a pool a-and water m-makes you l-lighter?" He questioned, while jared shrugged his shoulders. "Nah you're just strong"

"Hey Jared? You alright?" "Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine" "you keep zoning out. This isn't like you" jared shook his head quickly. "Nah dude I'm good" they sat in the grass, next to the in-ground pool the two had been splashing around in. Evan had a towel draped around his bare shoulders. Trying to make sure his burn didn't get worse as they dried off. Jared thought Evan looked absolutely adorable while he sat there.

Of course, the blonde had no idea about Jared's painfully obvious feelings towards him. Jared didn't exactly want Evan to figure it out either. Jared began to zone out again, the only thing on his mind was how to ask Evan out, without making the anxious teen run away from him, and completely ruin their already pretty unstable friendship. Especially after the whole 'Connor Project' thing...

Jared forgave him. Forgiveness. Can you imagine? Evan was practically pleading at Jared's feet to forgive him. And despite the fact that Evan had completely cut jared out, didn't care, and acted like a total dick to him, jared couldn't stay mad... Evan was a part of him. And he realized that when Evan pushed him away.

"Jared... what's wrong?" "Nothing! Jesus Christ are you deaf?" Jared said, snapping back to attention, Evan looked at his hands. "Y-you can tell me I-if something's bothering y-you, Jared..." the other male scoffed, looking up at the sky. "Well guess what? It was nothing! So you don't have to worry!" Jared replied in a slightly annoyed tone. "S-sorry..." Evan said in a now very hushed voice, looking away from jared. "Sorry I w-worry about you, jared... I know you.. you've been having quite the t-time recently..." jared chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "No big deal really"

Jare wouldn't admit he had been having... issues. Dependency issues. His parents were never home anymore and when they were, they'd either be arguing with each other, or yelling at him. He had actually started living with his younger cousin, who had had a wild ride with his best friend. They went to different high schools, and Jared was glad. He didn't want his head taken over by a fucking pill. But ever since Evan and Jared got back on good terms, Jared had been acting... weird. To Evan at least.

Evan wasn't sure what was wrong. Jared had been avoiding him in the school hallways at the end of the year, and this was the first time they had hung out all summer. Evan was extremely worried for his friend. "so... uh... ready for college?" "God damn it evan don't remind me" Jared groaned, falling onto his back dramatically, making Evan laugh. "We're going to be a country apart" the blonde said in a now hushed tone, staring at the male with lopsided glasses.

"Correction. I'm going to be in Detroit, so close to the Canadian border I can throw a rock and hit a Canadian in the head" he grabbed a rock from beside him and whipped it across Evans yard. "Meanwhile, you'll be here. Living in your moms basement for the rest of your life"

"I'm going to miss you, Jared" "of course you will, not being able to see this face every day? How will you survive?" Jared blew evan a kiss, causing Evans face to go bright pink with blush. "Honestly though, I'll miss you too, Ev" the two boys went silent, laying next to each other in the grass, staring at the clear blue sky. "Jared? Can I tell you something... it's kinda serious" Evan said, looking at the other. "I suppose"

"Would it be bad if I said I have a crush on a guy?" He asked, a hint of nervousness in his voice. "You mean connor? Thought we knew this alrea-" "it's not Connor" Evan said in a surprisingly stern voice. "Liking dudes is Fine. But, being your best friend, i need to know, Who's the boy you're gay-" "bi" "bi for?" Jared asked, sitting up in the cool grass. Evan went quiet, sitting up as well. He wrapped the towel tighter sound his shoulders, wincing in pain. "Y-you...?"

Jared was silent, before he burst out laughing. "W-what's so funny...?" Evan asked, his heart dropping in his chest. "There's no way in hell I'm believing you have a crush on me" Jared replied, a nervous tone in his voice. "I-I'm sorry I-I knew you wouldn't l-like me back o-oh my god I-I'm so stupid" Evan said standing quickly. "Evan-" "n-no I understand. I-I'm sorry" the blonde male quickly ran to the house. "Evan, wait!" Jared yelled, running after him quickly.

The brunette grabbed Evans shoulder, making him flinch in pain. "Evan... listen... i-I'm gay... for you... I just don't understand why you'd ever like me... I mean, you cut me out of your life at one point, a-and I was afraid if I ever told you, y-you'd just... leave again... " Jared said, his voice wavering. the two males were silent, standing in Evans kitchen. The blonde turned to face the other male. "I'm sorry" he whimpered, before hugging Jared tightly, he was shaking badly. Jared was frozen in place, before wrapping his arms around Evan.

The two were quiet for a while, before Jared finally spoke again. "I love you, Evan... don't you fucking forget it"
"Love you too, Jared" the blonde replied, a large smile on his sunburnt face. Jared gave him a quick peck on the forehead. "Boyfriends?" Evan nodded his head intensely. The taller male smiled. "Awesome" "you're such a dork" "yeah, but I'm your dork" the two boys laughed, before collapsing on the couch, and watched movies for the rest of the night.