Parents (Rich x Michael)

⚠️Transphobia/ usage of deadnames⚠️

"And this is my beautiful Daughter, Michell-" "Michael. My name is Michael" I cut my mother off, extending a hand to her Co-worker, Cynthia. The woman smiles at me. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Michael" she says happily. Her two children sitting on either side of her. Connor and Zoe. Connor stares at me wide-eyed. Fuck this meeting is going great isn't it? Me and Connor are what you could consider friends. I mean, we sit outside the school and smoke. That's how we've bonded. This isn't the first time mom has used the term 'Daughter' or my dead name when introducing me to people. It's nothing new. I've convinced her to call me 'Mich' for the most part... but she never calls me her son and refuses to call me 'Michael' like I want. But it's no big deal... I'm used to it.

My Mom absolutely hates it when I correct her. She pulls me aside, scolding me like a child... "Excuse me young lady. What do you think you're doing? You're name is not Michael. It's Michelle. Don't you be telling people otherwise!" "B-But mom!" I stutter, mom almost never yells at me in public. "No buts. Keep this up, and you'll be grounded" I feel tears prick my eyes, I hate crying in public. I hate being in public. I hate everything. "Okay! Fine... you can stay for lunch... I'm out. I-It was a pleasure meeting you Mrs. Murphy. See you later Connor... Zoe..." I quickly turn and run off before anyone can stop me, pulling out my phone to calling up Jere. "Hey Michael! What's up??" "Can I come over?" "Yeah of course!!"

"She did what?! That isn't right. On any circumstance! It's your name" Christine  says, looking extremely upset. Jeremy agrees by nodding his head. he's quite pissed. I just shrug it off, "I'm used to it" "used to it or not, it's your name. Your mom has to call you 'Michael' not.... the other name. And you are her son. You understand? You are my best friend, and I know how uncomfortable you get when being called by your dead name or the wrong gender." Jeremy says angrily. Christine puts a hand on his shoulder and looks at me, concerned. "Does your father do it too?" She asks and I nod slowly, making her frown, as she turns her attention to the tv. "You're dads an asshole" Jeremy mutters, doing the same. "no he isn't! He's nice! H-he just likes teasing a-and making jokes! It's kinda rude sometimes, but whatever! So does my mom! I-I love them both to bits! They're both great" I retort, making Jeremy sigh, putting down his controller, me and Christine doing the same. "Listen Michael. You tell your parents that you're a boy. They're going to have to believe you, they love you too much to not accept you." Christine nods her head, smiling weakly. I shrug my shoulders, not believing either of them. My dad would disown me if he found out...

The three of us continue to play video games for another few hours, until Christine gets picked up by her father, she gives me a tight hug, before Jeremy walks her to the door. Jeremy and Christine have been dating for a few months now, I'm really happy for Jeremy finally getting with the girl he loves. Granted I totally would've been willing to date Jeremy. But whatever. I guess my crush on my best friend has faded, and I'm content in the friendzone. I think. I don't really care anyways. I have feelings for another person now. A person who I have even less of a chance with. My thoughts are Interrupted by Jeremy jumping down the stairs, and sliding into his beanbag next to me. "Apocalypse of the damned?" "Jeremiah you know me too well"

A few days after, my dads calls me down from my room. "Mich come on, we're going to be late to dinner" my dad says to me from the top of the stairs.making me nod my head, "okay!" I yell, putting my headphones on and running upstairs, dad pulls them off my head. "D-dad!" "No. You're not being antisocial today. After all, Anthony is bringing his daughter to dinner too. I'm sure you'll get along. Just fine" I sigh, shoving my hands in the pockets of my hoodie. "Whatever" I mutter as we walk out of the house and we drive off. I hate it when mom has to work and I'm forced with dad.