What you've been through

A few potential triggers in this including abuse, self harm mention , mention of death.

It's short, but meaningful to me

"Good evening. My name is Christine Canigula, and I'm here to share a mini skit with a few of my cast mates before our show begins" the female stood at the edge of the stage with more confidence than the whole cast combined. The curtains opened, revealing the rest of her cast of students.

She took a deep breath, before starting.

"You truly never know what your cast mates go through.
You may think it, but you never truly know."

Her words were strong. Not a single hesitation, or crack. Brooke Lohst took a step forward when Christine continued.

"They could be the most popular girl in school, but did you know of her low self esteem? She cries herself to sleep because she fears she's not good enough"

Brooke stared across the audience with a blank expression, before Jake Dillinger took the spot next to her.

"Or the boy who everyone thinks is perfect, gets yelled at for a single bad test. Battered and bruised, he still goes on with a smile."

Jake smiled brightly at the audience. The smile he'd show when he was having a bad time at home. His friends had memorized it by now. Rich walked next to him, grabbing his hand.

"Or a young boy who's mother was gone at a young age, left with the drunken father, unsure of if he can walk through the front door, or his bedroom window"

Rich stared forward with a serious face, his eyes were watery, but he didn't cry. He couldn't cry. The next students were brothers. Alexander and Philip Hamilton. (They're brothers in my modern AU hush)

"Brothers with no biological parents. Father abandoning them at a young age, and an ill mother dying years later. Forever left with the thoughts, 'what if things were different?'"

Alexander's eyes scanned the crowd, soon landing on his and Philips adoptive parents. Martha and George Washington. Jared Kleinman took a step forward

"He hides his pain under his humour. Unintentionally hurting others while defending himself. An abusive father is what is between him and his happiness"

Jared just smiles, his knees weak, unsure if he'll be able to stand due to the pit in his stomach. Connor Murphy and Evan Hansen walk and stand next to him.

"Two boys. One from a single mother, one from a large family. One trying to live his day with his crippling anxiety and nerves for his mother, the other trying to cope with his depression and paranoia when his parent says it's not real. Hurting himself because of it. Without a will to go on."

Connor and Evan were glued to Jared's side. Evan trying not to cry. Next was Lafayette. He stood tall, he had a pained expression for a moment, but shook it off.

"The immigrant with no home. Lives with his closest friend, trying to comprehend his past, and figure out his future"

Hercules mulligan steps foreword to be with the Frenchman. Finally, Michael Mell walks up. He looks nervous, and unsure as to why he was there in the first place.

"And last but never least, the boy who lives alone. His parents are a rare visit. He tries to brush it off, but his anxiety and dependency issues tell a different story"

The rest of the cast then comes out, all of them linking arms with each other supportively. Rich and Jake together, Chloe and Brooke are glued to eachother while Jeremy stands with Michael. Jared stands between Evan and Connor, Alexander and Philip both look nervous as hell. John Laurens links arms with Alexander, and Theodosia Burr Jr does the same with Philip. Lafayette and mulligan are standing extremely close to each other. The cast takes one final step forward, making a line, with Christine in the middle.

"You never know what your cast mates go through. Whether It be small, or large. Sometimes all you can do is be there behind them. Let them know they're not alone. Because sometimes, all we need is that person behind us.

Because your cast mates don't know what you're going through, until you tell them. And that's the hardest part"

They all say at the same time. At the end, the auditorium goes silent for a brief second, before erupting into applause. The cast smiled out towards the audience. To some audience members, they were nothing but characters in a role. They didn't know her words were the truth. To the others who knew, they were dumbfounded, and shocked. But relieved.

The cast was a family.
And that family wasn't going to let anyone get left behind or forgotten.