Colourless (Sincerely, Three)

Evan had been freaking out. He knew for some, it would be a really dumb reason.... but for him... it was a huge deal. Ever since he was young, he hadn't seen colour. Well...No one does. It was nothing new. He was always told the stories about how 'when you meet your soulmate, everything will no longer be black and white' most of them were about how a boy and a girl never met before in their life, find each other in a park or something then suddenly, everything becomes colourful and they love each other on sight. Yay wonderful. The end.

"They overdramatize everything. No way that shit actually happens" jared always said, he thought soulmates were just a way for people to have sex with each other then leave and never talk to each other again. That wasn't what Evan worried about. He was worried about who his soulmate was... or if he even had one. His mom always told him not to worry about it. That it takes time to find your soulmate. That you might not even see colour with your soulmate for days, months, even years after you meet them. Of course, she was referring to Mr. Heere, Evans now-stepdad. They had known each other for years before the two finally saw colour together...

Connor, Evans best friend, was also terrified of finding his soulmate. He was scared his soulmate would be... not what his parents wanted. Connor was gay. His father didn't exactly... support him. Connors mother did, which he quietly thanked god for, she wouldn't let him get kicked out. But If his dad found out Connors soul mate was a boy, there'd be no stopping him. Connor would be happy, but he'd be disowned. If Connors soulmate was a girl, he'd probably be miserable, but his dad would be happy. That's why zoe hadn't told her parents about Alana, Zoe's soulmate.

Evan had seen colour before. With his best friend, Jared kleinman. But... it wasn't as... colourful as Evan expected. He could only see certain colours, which absolutely terrified him. Around jared, he only saw 2 colours. The only colours he was able to see were yellows, and greens. Jared claimed he could only see Blues and greens.

"I always knew it was overkill" jared muttered as they stared at each other, sitting on the back porch of Jared's house. "It's still so much better than black and white" Evan replied, grinning like a dork, looking around Jared's rather large back yard. Jared scoffed and glanced at him, a soft smile on his face. "I still can't believe it... I thought it would be... more colourful..." he said, sticking his tongue out. "I don't care. As long as... you're my soulmate I'm happy" Evan replied, surprised he didn't stutter. Jared was quiet for a moment, before laughing. "W-what?!" "Dude that was so cheesy I could dip nachos in it!" Jared replied, laughing.

Evan just figured this was what it was like. That these were the only colours people could see... until a day he was hanging out with Connor. That day when him and Connor were together, Evan saw the most brilliant shades of red and purple. They were wonderful... and like jared, Connor could see blue. But instead of green, purple. Connor looked almost relieved when he saw the colour around Evan.

"I can't believe it... out of everyone... you're the asshole who I see colour around" Connor joked, making Evan snort. "Thanks, C-Connor" he replied from a higher branch in the tree they were sitting in. "Is it bad that I've been crushing on you since the day we met?" Connor said, scratching his neck. "I-I'll admit... i-i was terrified of you when we first met..." Evan replied, making connor sigh. "I... I was An asshole to you... I don't blame you... seeing Zoe's name in the letter and-" Connor stopped. "You were just being a p-protective brother... I-it's done a-and over with..." Evan said, quietly. "Y-yeah... now is now... last year is last year..."

Seeing colour was much more terrifying for Evan, than Connor or Jared combined.

The thing was, Evan had huge crushes on both of the boys... and thought the colour was just because of his crushes on them... he thought it was bad enough that he liked boys, but the fact he could see completely different colours with both of them?! It was terrifying the blonde.