Burn part 2

⚠️mild blood, homophobia⚠️

It took roughly a week of laying half dead in a hospital bed before rich woke up. He was in so much pain it was blinding. His eyes slowly adjusted before he looked around, seeing the white walls of the hospital room, confused at first as to where he was, before his eyes widened. He could hear a heart monitor beeping behind him. He turned to a nurse who was standing in the room. "H-hey!!! M-ma'am? P-please!! J-jake! Jacob d-Dillinger!! I-is he okay?!" He begged, his voice hoarse and his chest still in so much pain it was hard to breathe, and he could hardly see. The nurse, which had been looking over some paperwork, looked over to Rich as he woke up. "Hello, Richard...Your friend, Jake? Oh, don't worry. he's okay. I think he is sleeping at the moment, but he's healing up okay" He relaxed, hearing jake was okay. Thank god jake was okay... that's all that mattered to him. He'd rather get himself killed than jake. "How do you feel?" The nurse asked in a sweet tone, placing her clipboard down. "I-I'm okay... I-it really hurts to breathe, and it's hard to see..." rich said, before coughing weakly.

The nurse nodded. "You're going to have to be hooked up to Oxygen for a short while until your lungs to heal... and have some medication for you to take, to help your chest wound, and for the pain.  you're also going to need to wear glasses for a fair amount of time. As for the medicine, Would you like liquid or pill?" She asked, turning around and pulling out two bottles of medicine. He flinched when he heard her say 'pill'. Never again. "L-liquid... p-please..." he said, laughing nervously.
"Alright, it's bubblegum flavor so it shouldn't be too awful." The nurse smiled warmly and handed him the little cup filled with a light purple-ish liquid. "You need to take all of it." She proceeded to hand him a dixie cup of water for washing down the medicine. "And here are your glasses. These were specially made for you. So you should see perfectly with them on" rich nodded, taking the glasses and sliding them onto his face.

"After you take your medication and if you feel up to it, I can help escort you to see your friend... but you're going to have to be extremely careful..." she informed him as he took the medicine. It hurt when he swallowed, but he pulled through it. "T-thank you..." he said gratefully. "A-and yes please... I-I need to see h-him..." "Of course, dear..." She said, moving to Rich's side.

"We can either put you in a wheelchair, or you can try walking if you feel strong enough. We don't want you to push your limits, though, since your wounds are still healing, and your breathing is out of whack. so if you don't feel up to walking you don't have to by any means.." Rich thought for a moment. "T-the wheelchair..." he muttered, clearly embarrassed. "I just need to see j-jake..." The nurse nodded and left the room for a moment, then returned with a wheelchair. She helped Rich into it, and once he was situated she began to push him down the hall.

Once they entered Jake's room he was on the bed, legs suspended in the air with casts on them. His eyebrows were knit tightly as he was asleep, his body moving slightly as he dreamed. "He's woken up before, but today he seems...more exhausted than usual. You can stay here until he wakes up."
Rich nodded his head. "T-thank you..." he said quietly. He pushed his own wheelchair to the side of the bed, staring at jake, before tears began to fall. "I-I'm so f-fucking sorry j-jake" he cried quietly. His quiet sobs made his chest burn, but he just couldn't stop crying. "I... I'm so stupid..."

Jake shifted slightly more until his eyes eventually drifted open slowly, and seeing Rich made him smile gently. "Hey dude..." He said in a raspy voice. "Y'know, crying isn't a very good greeting." He said with a tiny chuckle, which caused him to cough a couple times. Rich looked up, a weak smile appearing on his face as he wiped the tears with one of his bandaged arms. "J-jake..." he said quietly, at a slight loss of words, before putting his head down. "I-I'm so fucking s-sorry..."
Jake shook his head, and he groaned quietly from the soreness of it. "It's okay, dude...You don't need to apologize.." He said, his lips turned into a tired smile. "I'm just...really, really relieved you're okay.." rich chuckled weakly, upset. "I-I nearly k-killed you, jake" he muttered in a hoarse voice. "A-and I b-burnt down your house... h-how the hell c-can you be h-happy to s-see me?" He asked, slightly terrified of the response. "Because you're my best friend..." Jake said softly, coughing a few more times. "And even though it was dangerous and kind of terrifying, I'm not going to put the blame on you..."