Miserable

⚠️Suicide⚠️

"H-Hey jared" Evan said through his cell phone, he was quiet as he spoke, he was sitting in a tree, sitting on one of the highest branches. "Evan! Dude! Are you okay?! Where the hell are you?!" Jared yelled on the other side of the phone. Evan shrugged even if Jared couldn't see. "I-I'm fine" he said quietly. "Evan Hansen I've been your friend since before we were born don't pull this shit with me." Evan flinched at his friends tone. "Now just tell me where you are"

Jared kept talking to Evan, knowing what was going on and refused to end the conversation with his best friend. He knew what Evan wanted to do. Evan wanted to see Connor again.

It had been two years since Connor Murphy, Evans boyfriend, had died in a car crash. Him and Evan became friends shortly after Connor attempted suicide and was found with one of Evans letters in his pocket... soon after they started dating and left jared to rot.
Until grad. The three were hanging out with Zoe and Alana happily, when some dickbag drunk smashed into them. Connor, the driver, was the only one who didn't make it. The rest of them made it. Although Alana broke her leg, Zoe got severe amnesia and Evan had some sort of injury with his chest. Jared nearly died due to a semi-punctured lung and several broken bones. No one cared.

"Come on Ev you gotta help me out here." Jared said walking into the park. "Where are you?" Evan was silent on the other side, before gasping, and hanging up. This caused jared to grow terrified. "Evan?" He asked, looking around the park. "Evan?!" He began to run. He felt realization strike him as he pulled out his cell once more, dialling 911 on his phone, and asked for an ambulance, and just as he hung up, he heard a loud yell, and a thud of someone hitting the ground.

Oh god no

He ran up to the tallest tree in the park, before he caught a glimpse of his best friend, laying on the ground, there was blood, and Evan was trying to pull a stick that pierced through his skin, out of it, soon succeeding. "Evan!!!!" Jared yelled running up to the boy, falling to his knees.

Evan stared up at the other male, fear and pain laced in his eyes.  "J-Jared..." he whispered, tears rolling down his pale face. "Are you alright?!" Okay that was a stupid question" Evan coughed, putting a hand to his mouth, before laying back, putting his head in Jared's lap. "I...d-don't know.." "you're not looking so hot" Jared muttered, he looked terrified as he watched his best friend bleed out in front of him.

"I'm so s-stupid" Evan muttered, staring up at Jared with fear. "D-don't say that! And don't worry you'll be okay..." The brunette insisted, wiping the tears out of Evans eyes as he looked up at him. "J-Jared...?" Evan asked quietly, staring up at the other. "Yeah?" Evan had a slightly confused look on his face. "H-How do you stay s-so strong despite all of t-the hate y-you receive?"

Jared frowned at the question. God how the hell could he respond to something like that.  "It's... it's hard sometimes. Honestly it really is. But you gotta push past it. What assholes say don't mean shit, and you can't really let them get to you. Hell I have good days where I could care less, and days where them talking makes me want to crawl into a pit, eat 10 pounds of ice cream, and die," Evan laughed weakly at the joke. "But... you just gotta remember that there's always people who care about you, and want you to be happy.... and sometimes it's all shrouded in darkness and you can't see it for the life of you, but those people exist. Whether you like it or not"

Evan was quiet as he stared at his friend. "T-thank you, Jared..." he said as he began blacking out. "I-...I love you..." Jared felt his face heat up as Evan said this, "Evan... you gotta stay awake Evan!" He started panicking slightly and Evan laughed, his words were soft. "Just....s-stay strong..J-Jared...." he pulled jared down into a kiss, before he closed his eyes, falling into the other males lap.

"Evan please!! Please for the love of god s-stay awake!" He felt tears prick his eyes as he shook the blonde boys shoulder, he heard the paramedics running to help him, but Evan wouldn't wake up. "E-Evan?? O-oh god Evan p-please... y-you can't just l-leave me you asshole!" He choked out a sob as the medical people came to get Evan. They didn't let Jared go with them to the hospital. They left him in the park alone, sitting under the tree Evan fell out of, crying as Alana and Zoe came to pick him up.

It wasn't even a full day later, and all jared wanted to do was fucking die. More than normal. He was laying on the couch in his apartment that he shared with his cousin, Michael, who was actually at the college, doing work like a good student. skipping out of class was normal for Jared and no one really cared if we wasn't there. He had his back facing the door as he mentally screamed at himself. He was too terrified to ask about Evan.
He glanced at the time. 5:07pm. Right, he'd been sitting on the couch for 4 hours now. His phone went off, seeing michael sent him a text.

Not Michael: Yo man I'm going out for dinner. Be back after.
Kleinman:  k I'll be Heere
Not Michael: you're funny
Kleinman: thank you
Kleinman: have fun on your date
Jared sighed, scrolling through his messages, he saw the ones from Evan. He read through them, feeling anger and sadness boil up in him, before throwing his phone across the room, hearing it crack as it hit the floor. He didn't care as he collapsed back on the couch.

"Don't throw things young man. Don't you realize you could hit someone?" He heard a familiar voice ask, making him shoot up from his position of laying down. He glanced up, seeing a tall, skinny male standing in front of him. "C-Connor?! What the hell- y-you're dead!" Connor laughed, shoving his hands in the pockets of his grey hoodie. Connor looked slightly transparent as he stood there, staring at Jared. It even looked like he had a halo above his head. "No shit Sherlock" Connor retorted. Not long after Connor appeared, another male did too, making jared flinch upon sight. The room was dead silent for a few minutes, before a quiet voice spoke. "Jared... I'm sorry" Evan said quietly, staring at him.

"T-they could've helped you..." jared muttered to the blonde. "B-but you just... just l-left me! A-alone in this... hellhole!" Evan looked at his feet, he looked like Connor now. Transparent, halo, and regretful. "W-well i h-hope your h-happy" jared whispered, staring at the two males. "Both of you. I loved both of you assholes to bits... a-and both of you fucking died" Connor visibly cringed at Jared's words. "A-and neither of you appreciated me before e-either" Evan took a step towards jared. "That's not true, Jared" "then what is?! Neither of you cared about me! Connor hated my existence when you were in a relationship and Evan, I was in the hospital for 2 months and you didn't once visit me. Michael and Jere saw me more than you did and they lived in New Jersey at the time!"

Jared had tears rolling down his cheeks at this point. The two ghost boys were quiet. "I-I just want to fucking die" he whispered, avoiding looking at the two who stared. "Jared-" "don't. Just... just leave me the fuck alone!" He yelled, when he looked back, the two were gone. The brunette took off his glasses, wiping the tears out of his eyes. "I don't deserve to live... I-I should be fucking dead..." he muttered to himself, looking out the window of his apartment.

2 weeks after that night, Evans funeral was held.

Jared's was a week after.

I hate myself lmao