Group Chat 3 and a half

Please, you need to read the previous chapter (Group Chat 3...) In order to understand what's happening... just letting you know :)

Gay™: wish me luck
Macaroni: you got this honey
Flame Princess: you can do it!!!
Not Zoe: 💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️
Mich: do it and I'll ask Jere out
Hamlet: we're proud of you!!!
Brookie Cookie: you can do it Con!😘
Gay™: okay....
Gay™: here goes nothing...

"Here goes what?" I hear a familiar voice ask me, making me tense up. "Nothing, zoe" I say to the female, quickly shoving my phone in my pocket as we exit the theatre. "Did you make a group chat... without me?" She asks dramatically, I nod my head. "Yes it's where I can hopelessly pine for a boy and not have jared yell in my face for it" zoe nods her head, listening to my every word. "Sooooo.... when are you asking Evan out?" she asks me, making my face flush. "W-wha... how did you-" "my girlfriends in that group chat dumbass" I flinch at her words. Right. Why the hell did I add alana into that chat again?? Zoe just rambles on about how I should ask Evan out.

It's the last day of our field trip and I was determined to ask Evan out at some point during our 'vacation' from the hell hole we call school. Today is that day. I asked a few of my friends as to what to do, and they had some pretty good ideas, so I'm going to use one of them. "Look it's your boyfriend" my face heats up incredibly as my sister says that. "Oh H-Hey 'Ev!" I yell, waving over the blonde. He runs up to me, a smile on his face. "Hey C-Connor!" He replies in a cheerful tone. "Did you l-like the show?" I nod my head in response. "Yes. People died, and there were three weird witches that oddly reminded me of Zoe" I feel zoe punch me in the arm, I turn to where she was once standing, but shes gone, all I can hear is her and Christine, both yelling lines from the show we had just seen. "I didn't understand what the hell they were saying because it's Shakespeare, though." Evan nods his head. "Y-yeah... but you could understand most of it just b-by watching... Christine told me e-everything that happened since w-we sat together and she's read Macbeth 80 times..." he laughs as we begin to walk along the crowded halls so we can get out of the massive theatre. John recommend bringing Evan to the balcony, but I thought of someplace better.

"W-where are we going?" Evan asks, as I grab his hand and lead him down the sidewalk. "Trust me, Evan" I can feel his awkwardness as I hold his hand.
I'm holding his hand.
I lead him down to a lake, not far from where everyone else is. It's beautiful at this time of night. The sun reflects off of the water in nice beams of reds, yellows and oranges. I see Evans eyes practically light up as he sees the trees that line the river. "Whoa!" He exclaims, letting go of my hand and running closer to the trees.

"I'm going to climb a tree!" He tells me, looking through the trees for the perfect one to climb. He ends up running to one close to the river. "Please don't fall. Canada may have free health care but it doesn't mean we can abuse that power" I yell as Evan pulls himself up into the leaves. He just laughs, lending me down a hand, which I take and he pulls me up. "Jesus you're strong" I compliment, sitting on a low branch as he continues to climb. "Uh t-thanks, connor" he sits down on one of the highest branches, and I slowly climb up, in attempt to get closer to him. With some guidance from Evan, I finally manage to sit right next to him. We're quiet, staring up at the darkening sky. "I-it's really nice" Evan says, a small smile on his face as he puts his head on my shoulder. I nod, "yep... it is"

We stay like that for what feels like hours, but is merely minutes. "Thanks, connor" "for what?" Evan glances up at me. "For... you know, being here. Despite all the shit that's happened to you... and not going through with what you were going to do at the beginning of the year... a-and... for being here for me... especially when I feel like there's no one...you're always there..." I flash Evan a smile. A genuine smile, not a fake one like I normally do. "It's no problem, Evan. You're my friend... I really care about you." We sit in the tree for another ten minutes, before I get a text from rich.

Girl on fire: dude hurry up we need to get going

I show Evan the text before I climb down a few branches, and jump out of the tree. stumbling on my feet as I hit the ground. I take a deep breath, glancing up at Evan, who's still in the tree. it's now or never. "Evan... I...I have a question" the blonde climbs down from the top, jumping down from a bit off the ground. "Yeah?" I go quiet. "S-so uh... it's a really shitty question really... I-i really don't want it to... you know... ruin our friendship..." Evan puts a hand on my shoulder. "Connor, it wouldn't ruin our friendship... okay? I don't think anything could..." Evan has a calm look on his face. I take both of his hands into mine. "Evan... I-I really like you... like... more than just my friend... i... I love you Evan... Do you m-maybe... w-want to... be my... boyfriend?" Evan stares at me, his eyes widening slightly as his face turns as red as a tomato. "C-Connor I..." he looks down at his feet, a nervous and sad look on his face, I feel my heart drop.
Fuck fuck fuck I fucked it up I messed up big time oh god... I take a nervous step back as evan speaks.

Macaroni: so??? How'd it go????
Hamlet: yeah dude! What happened??? We saw Evan run up to zoe??? He looked nervous
Gay™: well... uh...
Brookie Cookie: oh no...
Mich: dude... I'm sorry...
Gay™: well I'm leaving this group chat
Flame Princess: shit man... why???
Gay™:well... I'm not pining over my best friend anymore...
Not Zoe: it was that bad?
Gay™: no
Gay™: because Evans' my boyfriend now
Gay™: have fun solving your pining problems kiddos ;)

Gay™ has left the chat

Flame Princess: what the fuck
Mich: wait does that mean I have to ask Jeremy out