The Diner (Evan x connor)

"Connor! Come on we're going out for dinner!" My mom yells up the stairs, making me groan loudly, so the woman can hear me. "But I don't want too" I yell down to her, pulling my blanket over my head. I hear someone walk up the stairs, and into my bedroom. Great. I glance out of the defenses of my bed, seeing my mother staring at me. "Connor please, it would be good for you if you came out to dinner with us. We'll even let you pick where we eat" she says, sounding desperate for me to come eat with my family. "But I hate social interaction"

I see my sister standing in the doorway in the corner of my eye. 'Say yes' she says, only with no words. What's that called? Lip syncing? eh I don't care. I sigh loudly. "Fine" I grumble, running a hand through my hair as i sit up in my bed, making my mom smile delightedly. "Wonderful! Meet us downstairs in ten minutes. Got it?" "Whatever" I mutter and my mom leaves the room, and my sister enters. "What you you want Zoe?" "Listen Connor. Please don't be an asshole during dinner... mom has been complaining about you not being with us" I stand up, fixing my wrinkled white shirt. "Well I'm sorry you all hate me" Zoe rolls her eyes, "whatever" she mutters, walking out my room.

I throw on my black sweater, tying my hair in a low ponytail before walking out of my room and down the stairs. "So, where are we going to eat?" Connors mom asked, tilting her head. "How about we go to that Diner place that just opened?" My father asks, making me shrug my shoulders. "Sure" I say quietly. My mom nods happily. "Whoa Connor actually made up his mind!" Zoe cheered, receiving a glare from me.

As we sit in the car, I realize I did kind of miss this. After a small argument between me and Zoe, we make a playlist on her phone that has a mixture of songs we both like listening to while my father drives. The playlist solely consists of songs by Panic! at the disco and Fall out boy because every song I like she doesn't, and the same the other way around. While Zoe belts out the lyrics of every song that plays, Id never admit it, but I quietly sing along.

When we finally get to the diner, I sigh relieved. There's no one but us in here. Thank god. It's nothing much, a small diner based on the 50's or something. My family and I sit at one of the tables, Zoe and mom talking about god knows what and dad joins their conversation after glancing at me once. Oh yeah. sure dad that's fine. Don't talk to your only son. Or even make eye contact with him better yet. Yeah. Thanks.

And this is why I hate going out with my family.

After about 10 minutes, a waiter comes up to our table. He's about Zoe's height. Maybe a bit taller? He wears a blue striped polo shirt and he has the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. "H-hi can I ta-take your order?" The blonde asks, forcing a small smile on my face. He's actually pretty damn cute. My family orders their food quickly while I look at the menu, settling on chicken nuggets.
Classic Connor Murphy choice right there.

While my parents chat it up, Zoe catches me looking at our cute waiter. "Oh my... connor seems interested in our waiter, doesn't he?" She says mockingly, making me nudge her, smirking. "Shut up! I've seen you staring at the girl sitting at that table" I say and Zoe giggles quietly. "What can I say? She's a cutie. And His name is Evan by the way. Read his name tag" she said winking at me and stands up, walking to the washroom.

I sigh quietly, making small talk with my parents about the job they've convinced me to get. It's nothing good really. I work at the local Best Buy in the video game section with this geek named Michael. The job could be worse I suppose, besides the fact I'm not the best with children... or people in general. Micheal normally talks to them. My thoughts are interrupted, when the supposed "Evan" brings us our food. The male put the four plates on the table, smiling slightly. "E-enjoy your meal" he says shyly. "You too" I say jokingly, making him laugh. Oh my god. His laugh is adorable. He smiles at me and walks off to the counter hurriedly.

I glance at the counter where Evans standing as I purposely chug down my drink. "Oh damn look at that, I'm all out of water. I'm going up to ask for more" I say a bit more dramatically than I normally would. "Oh look me too! Come on Connor let's go!" Zoe says just as dramatically. Our parents nod, focusing on their food as we both zoom up to the counter. "Hi can I get a refill?" We both ask the female employee that Zoe had her eyes on. "Oh sure!" She said smiling kindly. Her name tag reads 'Christine' I nudge my sister again, making her blush slightly, I notice Evan, who's standing awkwardly at the other side of the counter. So while Zoe and Christine make conversation, I walk over to Evan.

"Hey.... Evan is it?" I ask making the blonde nod his head quickly. "U-Um yes! How can I help you?" He asked tilting his head. "Well, I appear to have lost my cell number... can I have yours?" I ask winking and he laughs quietly, blush creeping onto his face. Yes, of course I had to use a shitty pickup line. "Well... Sure I guess" he said smiling. "The names Connor. Connor Murphy" I tell him, smiling as I hand him my own number. "Evan Hansen" he said handing a small slip of paper with a number on it. "Connor c'mon! We have our drinks let's go!"

~time skip~ 

Work. Great. I sigh uncomfortably as I fix my work shirt. God I hate my job. and people. And pretty much everything else.  What sucks too is I've been lowkey too nervous to text Evan. It's been a week since I last saw him. But since I'm bored out of my damn mind, Michael isn't at work yet and no ones around, I pull out my phone, sucking it up and I decide to text him.
"Hey Evan its connor. That guy from the diner a week ago"
"Oh hey Connor! Sorry I haven't texted you... work and stuff"
"It's fine. I'm at work now and I could care less if I'm caught with my phone"
"Wow"
I glance around, finally seeing Michael, who's uniform is exactly like mine. The only difference is he has those huge ass headphones. He's helping some kid with a video game, and I see a woman walking up to me.
"Shit. Speaking of which, gotta go work now"
"Okay. My moms dragging me around shopping. I'll talk to you later though!"

I shove my phone in my pocket as the woman approaches me, asking for a specific video game for her nephew. I lead her over to the "Great wall of great games that are great" (-Michael every time we get new games in the store) Michael meets me over there. "Is there apocalypse of the damned in stock?" I ask, making the male think, before nodded quickly. "Yes I believe so" he says chuckling. The woman behind me smiles nicely. "If you wait here ma'am I'll go grab it from the back" I say and the woman nods. "Thank you very much" she says as I run off.

When I return with the game, I notice a very similar blonde male with the woman. 'Holy shit it's that cute guy Evan' I approach the two nervously, 'shit shit shit' "oh hey Connor!" Evan says when he notices me, I smile nervously, waving back. "Hey... Evan" I glance at the woman, handing her the game. "So this is the connor you've been talking about!" I suppose the woman is evans mom. I nod my head. "Y-yeah! This is connor!" Evan says smiling that adorable smile.

Shit I'm so gay for this boy.

"Thank you so much" his mother says, holding the game. "Jeremy is going to love it" Evan says, talking about the game. Evan glances at me. "I'm glad I-i could see y-you again!" Even says happily smiling at me. "Y-yeah! Me too!" I say smiling. "Hey... m-maybe... do you wanna h-hang one day?" He asks me, he looks incredibly nervous. "Are you asking me on a date? Because I accept" Evan and I laugh quietly. "If t-that's what y-you w-want to call I-it. S-sure!" He says, his face bright red. "Sweet. I'll pick you up tomorrow? 7:00?" I ask and he nods his head. "S-sure! A-at the diner maybe? I get off w-work at 7:00..." I smile, nodding my head. "Of course" I reply. Evan smiles brightly, waving goodbye as him and his mother walk off. I fist pump the air, smiling brightly as I do so.

"Yo when's the wedding?"
"Oh shut up Michael"