Rich Set A Fire (Richjake)

Everything is a blur.
My brain is muddled from alcohol.
I can't think straight.
I'm terrified.

"Rich?!" I yell, breathing in smoke as I desperately try to find my best friend. Everyone around me is screaming. I block them out.

I ignore the stares and yells directed at me as I walk farther into the burning building, I feel a frantic tug on my arm.  "Jake!!! What are you doing?!" Brooke asks me, fear was clear on her face. I can see tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Have you seen Rich?" I ask the female, making the girl shake her head. I feel a pang in my chest. Where is he?
"Well I'm going to find him." I tell her, looking towards the stairs. The blond lifts an eyebrow.

"you're gay for him aren't you?" she asks, making me shake my head quickly, needless to say, extremely embarrassed. "No of course not! A-and even if I was? N-now isn't the time!" She giggles to herself, brushing away her tears.

"Don't worry. I'll keep it to myself." Brooke says, giggling like a child now. "go find your boyfriend" she says in a mocking tone as Chloe grabs her arm, they both run out the building.

I sigh, glancing around the burning house. I'd try to salvage something, but I don't feel like it would be worth trying to find anything... God... my parents are gonna kill me.

As I'm running around the house trying to find Rich, I see a familiar nerdy male, peering out of the bathroom door. "Michael? Mell? What are you-" I get cut off by yet another cough emitting from my throat.

"Have you seen Jeremy?" Michael asks sounding extremely worried, not about the fire, but more that I found him here. I nod my head slowly. "He's Outside"

I mutter and Michael hesitates nervously. 'Jake get out of the building before it collapses on you' 'Jake you're going to die' 'You deserve it'

"I-I have to find Rich!!" I mutter, pushing past Michael and running down the hall. Ignoring the voices in my head.

Over the cracking I'd flames, I hear someone cry out in pain, followed by a loud crash. I follow the voice down the hallway, calling out to who it was. "Hello??"

Right over me, a board falls from the ceiling and rips through my jeans. as I jump out of the way, I end up crashing through the already extremely fragile wall. When I sit up, I see a short male that's all too familiar to me. "Rich!"

"J-jake??" I try to take a step towards the male, but my leg gives out with a sharp jab. "O-ow" I mutter, pulling myself to the cowering male. "You're alive... thank God..." I say quietly, seeing my best friend on the ground.

The freckled male looks up at me, then down at my leg. "O-oh god j-jake your leg!!" He yells, pointing at my leg that probably shouldn't be in the position it's in. I shrug in response. "It's not important. Are you okay? What the hell happened??" My throat is as dry and scratchy as sandpaper as I talk.

The two of us cough as I shelter the smaller male from the flames, I feel the fire burning through my jacket. Rich stares at me, he looks like he's about to pass out. "J-jake I-I'm so sorry" he mutters quietly, making me shake my head.

"I-it's all t-the Squip's f-fault" he cries, burying his face in my chest, I hear him cry as I hold him close to me. "N-now y-your house I-is o-on fire a-and I-its all m-my fault" he sobs clinging to me, I've never seen him like this... so... broken.

"Rich... I-I don't care. I-I'm just glad you're n-not dead" I say, turning away from him to cough. God my lungs feel like they're about to collapse.

"H-hey Jake?" Rich asks through small breaths. "What's wrong, Rich?" I look down at the male, his face is covered with ash. "I-if we d-don't make i-it out of h-here... I-I just wanted t-to tell you... I-I think Im in love with you." he says, his head resting on my chest as I feel my face heat up.

He glances up at me, his eyes practically glow due to the flames. "I-I... I think I love you too, Rich..." I reply staring at the opposing male. We stare at each other for a moment, I'm not sure if it's the Adrenaline or the alcohol that makes me so brave, but I pull the smaller male into a kiss.

Rich chuckled weakly. His breaths are sharp and quick as we pull away. The firemen better get here soon... "I'm an idiot aren't I?" He asks as tears fall, I wipe them away. "No... you're not an idiot Rich..." I insist and rich shakes his head weakly, reaching up, and placing a hand on my cheek.

"I-I love you..." he whispers before going limp in my arms.

"R-Rich?!" I yell panicked, my vision is starting to go fuzzy. I can't even tell if he's breathing at this point. "Rich w-wake up!" I say quietly, shaking him. "Rich I swear- y-you can't be d-dead!!!" I begin to yell, terrified. As if breathing wasn't hard enough.

"R-Rich!!! I-I love you p-please don't die!" I sob as he lays in my arms. I feel tears fall down my ash stained face.

It burns.

I don't remember passing out.

But I wake up in the hospital.

"Oh my- he's awake!" I hear a voice yell sounding somewhat excited. "W-what-" "young man you've been in the hospital for a month" I stare at the woman at the end of the bed wide eyed. "A-a month??? What do you mean??" I ask sounding absolutely terrified.

"You have some very severe burns on your back, face, and pretty much everywhere else on your body... we are honestly surprised you woke up..." The nurse replies to me. "W-wait... what about Rich??" I ask staring at the woman.

"What about me?" I hear a voice ask, making my heart skip a few beats. "Rich!" I exclaim, sitting up in my bed as Rich walks into the room. He does a triple take, staring at me before running up to me, Well... to the best of his ability with his cast.

"j-jake!!! Y-you're a-alive!" He cheers cupping my face in his hands. His face has a few scars and his arms are covered in burn marks.

"You saved my life, Jake. You risked your life, your popularity, for me?" He asks quietly, referring to how I 'told' Brooke I loved him.  "The doctors said if I had been exposed to the fire any more before you came, I'd be dead" my eyes widen slightly. "I had a full body cast. I looked ridiculous" he explains, laughing quietly.

"Now it's just my arm, and my leg, thank god..." I chuckle, pulling Rich into a small kiss. "I love you" I say, and the nurse clears her throat. "Oh shit-" Rich says taking almost 80 steps away from me and we both stared at the nurse, both of our faces bright red.

The nurse, who probably isn't much older than us, smiles slightly. "Wow. Brooke was right. You too are gay for each other" she says laughing quietly.

About half a year later, the squip had became nothing more than a memory at our high school. Thank god. Me and Rich still somehow managed to continue being some of the most popular people at school.

Sure, there are the people who absolutely hate us cuz 'ew homos' but neither of us could care. I'm just glad to have Rich with me again. The real one. Not the squipped one.

It's been so long, and honestly, I think the house burning down brought us closer than we have been.

Totally not because I'm living with him now, but that's besides the point. The thing is, I'm just happy to actually be able to live happily with Rich.

Because that's all I've ever wanted.