⭐️ Talk to me ⭐️(Richjake)

Heere is a request for a lovely person called @abigailmae1776 of Richjake in a Mute!AU I really hope you like it????

It was a few weeks after the whole 'Rich set a fire' incident and the school was still buzzing about the whole thing happening. Rich saw it all over the internet. 'Rich set a fire and burned the house down' 'rich is totally dead' 'Rich Goranski: fire starter' 'Rich set Jakes house on fire! 😱"
God he hated all the attention he was getting for this... and he felt horrible he burnt down his best friends house down, Jake didn't seem to mind but rich new deep down, Jake hated him for it.

Everyone said that they cared about his tragedy, but Rich found it hard to believe. They all loved it if anything. None of them had bothered to visit him in the hospital. That one guy... antisocial headphone kid, had visited him a lot. and jake had once or twice, but that was it. For everyone else, It was more about the gossip than anything. That's all they really cared about.

Rich was happy that Jake found a nice hotel to stay in, and had forgiven his best friend for burning down his house. Rich tried to explain what had happened, but was unable. Not because he didn't know how to tell him, but because he was mute.

The Squip (being inside his brain and all) fixed rich so he could talk. But once the Squip went away, so did his ability to speak. Rich was used to being mute before the Squip, he was born mute so he grew up unable to make a sound. But once he got the Squip and was used to talking, he never wanted it to go away. Sure he had a small lisp from time to time, but he didn't care. He could talk, sing, shout, cry, laugh, actually make a sound. He felt confident, powerful, strong.

But all because of the squip going power hungry, all that happiness was ripped out of his hands.

And the worst part, he never got to tell jake what he wanted to tell him... god he'd rather have literally any other fate. He'd rather be blind, paralyzed, hell he'd rather be dead instead of being mute again. All he wanted was to be able to talk to jake.

When jake first visited, he just figured rich didn't want to use his voice to talk to him, so he didn't mind it much. He just figured it was because his throat was in pain or something, so they wrote to each other using wipe boards, rich thought it was hilarious that jake 'needed' to use it. Jake was happy it made rich feel better.

Now that guy Jeremy was sitting in the bed next to him, the male had been silent for the past hour. He finally spoke when a jolt of pain went through his head. "Ow!" Jeremy said flinching in pain. Rich looked at him, a concerned look on his face. He pulled out his phone, texting Jeremy. "Hurts like a motherfucker doesn't it?" Jeremy looked down at his phone, before looking at rich. "Yeah a bit. Why are you texting me rich? We're in the same room... can't you just... talk?"

Rich looked down, "hurt your voice or something?" And rich texted back. "I'm mute, Jeremy. I can't talk" Jeremy's eyes widened, surprised. "Jesus Christ. That happened because of the fire?" Rich shook his head slowly. "I was born mute. The squip 'fixed me' to say the least. My squip was the only reason I could talk" Jeremy read the text, a sympathetic look on his face. "Dude... I'm sorry. So.... how are you going to be communicating with everyone? By texting?" "I know sign language Jeremy. I'm not using it because you don't know it" Rich shot him a 'Are you serious' look, making Jeremy chuckle ashamed. "Right... should've figured that. I'm sorry" Rich shrugged, getting a text from Jake. 'Yo dude wanna hang out today? You're getting out of the hospital today are you not?' Rich's eyes lighted up when he read the text. 'Aw hell yeah dude! It'll be great!' Finally, he was able to go.... fuck. No he couldn't go home. His dad would kill him.

~Rich's P.O.V~

"Rich!" Jake yells, walking up to me. he has a huge cast on both of his legs, limping due to them. I look at him, extremely concerned. He should be in a wheelchair... not walking! His damn squip made him walk without his crutches and his cast during the play. What an asshole... We both walk out of the hospital slowly, and to jakes car. "You alright dude? You're really quiet right now" I chuckle weakly, not making a sound. I try to say something but no sound comes out. "Shit your voice still bugging you?" I shake my head in response. "When why aren't you talking? This isn't like you..." I cringe at his response, pulling out my phone and texting him. This is honestly the easiest way for me to communicate at the moment.