Guitar

I needed to write something happy before I publish the next chapter because y'all are going to fucking hate me when you read the next chapter ((it's a 20k reads special!)) so have some happy murphy twins!

Zoe walked into the house, sighing as she threw her bag to the side and flopped onto the couch, frowning loudly. "Oh... hey zoe..." she heard a voice say, making her glance up. Connor stood in the doorframe between the living room and the kitchen. "Hey, connor..." the female muttered, "Uh... how are you...?"
She asked, sitting up awkwardly, Connor shrugged. "Same as always... What's up with you?" He asked, "I kind of... broke my guitar at school today... so... that's fun..." she muttered, clinging to a pillow sadly,

Connor walked up to his sister, sitting next to her on the couch. "Really? You were good at that." Zoe smiled sadly at her brother, "Thanks... it's going to take a lot of money to buy a new one... I'll never be able to afford it... and it's not like mom and dad are going to buy me a new one..:" the girl sighed quietly.

"I'll buy you a new one." Connor muttered as he looked away from her. "What...? No Connor you don't have to do that for me..." "I want to. Let me buy you a new one." Zoe stared at her twin, surprise clear on her face. "Really?"
Connor nodded his head "Yes, really." He told her, biting back a smile.
She blinked slowly at him, smiling brightly. "T-thank you!" She exclaimed, before hugged him tightly. "Oh." He held his arms out for a moment, before wrapping them around her softly.
"Thank you so much!!" she said quietly, burying her face in Connors chest, "Yeah, um, you're welcome." He laughed softly as zoe let go of him, scratching the back of her neck. "Sorry..." "No it- it was fine."
Zoe Laughed nervously. "I... i just got excited. Sorry..." connor rolled his eyes at the female: "Stop apologizing you sound like Hansen. I said It was fine."

He went up to his room, soon returning with a wad of money. He held it out to Zoe. She hesitated, before taking the money out of his hand. "Thank you, Connor..." "Don't mention it." He shrugged his shoulders as she hugged him again quickly. "You're awesome" she said, looking up at him. "You're so happy I might puke." He laughed. "I'm just... happy" she replied, a nervous smile on her face. "No, I'm glad. It's good to see you happy." He took a seat on the couch. Zoe shoved the money in her pocket. "Thank you again, Connor... I-I'll right back!" She said, a smile on her face as she grabbed her jacket, going to leave the house
"Oh. Okay." He nodded at her.
"Do you... want to come with me?" She asked, letting go of the door handle.

Connor Shrugged his shoulders, standing up." Yeah, sure." He replied, opening the front door for his sister.
"Okay" she grinned at Connor. "You're very smiley today, jesus." He chuckled softly. "Well I'm just happy" she retorted, trying to contain her happiness. "I've like, never seen you this happy." He started to walk down the sidewalk. "Well yeah... I'm just in a good mood!" The girl replied, her hands in her pockets as she walked next to him. "I can tell, you dork." He teased, smiling for about half a second.

Zoe's eyes widened slightly. "Oh my god you're smiling!" She said, looking at him. "Shut up no I'm not." He looked away from her, his cheeks flushing in embarrassment. "Oh come on Connor! It's been so long since I've seen you smile!" Zoe urged, rocking back and fourth on her feet. "Jesus christ, why is this a big deal?" "Well... it's just been a while..." she looked at the ground. A small smile on her face. Connor scoffed, "Stop being dramatic. It hasn't been that long, I smiled-" he paused thinking for a moment. "I must have- What about that one time- When was the last time I smiled?" She glanced back up at him. "A while ago, Connor. But it's good to see you smile again..." "Yeah, I guess..." He went back to his deadpan out of habit. She continued to walk, looking at her feet. It was quiet for a moment, and it was quite peaceful. "So... How's school going?"
Zoe shrugged her shoulders. "I could be doing better in my classes..."

"I could help. Or you can get tutoring lessons from that Alana girl."
Zoe felt blush grow on her cheeks. "You'd be willing to help me? And... I don't want to bug alana... she already helps me with science... I don't want to bug her more than I already am..." Zoe had the biggest crush on Alana... okay, crush was the wrong word. The two had been dating for week, and zoe was still giddy about it. But alana was always so busy... zoe didn't want to stress her out more than she already was.

"I'd help you. I know I don't show up much, but I'm not too bad at subjects." Zoe hesitated for a moment. "Could you help me with my math? If you want... you don't have to..." Connor nodded his head. "I want to." He stared straight forward. "Okay then... thank you Connor..." "If you thank me one more time for something today, I will throw you into the pool." He teased, laughing softly. "Seriously, I want to help" Zoe nodded her head. She heard that her mother had made connor start to go to counselling or something... "uh... how's your counselling?" She asked, as connor shoved his hands into his pockets. "Good I guess... it's a big help..." he says quietly. "I'm glad you're finally getting the help you need..." zoe said, staring at the road and watching as the cars went by.

"Larry hates it" Connor said, cringing at his fathers name. Zoe sighed, nodding her head. "He just wants that 'perfect family' but..." "I fucked everything up... I'm everything in a son he doesn't want.... I'm anxious, I'm depressed, an asshole, I'm gay, should I go on?" Zoe lifted an eyebrow, a frown on her face. "Well of being gay is bad, dads going to be pissed at me... I have a girlfriend, I'm going to college for music and not law like he wants, and I'm not the most... emotionally stable person in the world... basically, dad won't get his 'perfect family' like he wants... it's impossible. He's just gonna have to deal with it" zoe said, stopping and looking at her brother, who nodded slowly. "Yeah I guess" he said, sighing quietly.

"Look!!! There's the store!" Zoe yelled, jumping up excitedly as the two approached. The brunette quickly opened the door, a huge, dorky smile on her face as she grabbed connor by the arm and dragged him to where the guitars were. She looked at all of the acoustic guitars, before she grabbed a simple black guitar, and strummed the strings. "I like this one" she said quietly as she began to play the guitar. Connor felt a small smile creep onto his face as she began to play a song, singing quietly. Connor couldn't tell what song it was at first, but quickly realized what it was. The song was called 'beam me up' by one of her favourite singers, 'P!NK' zoe played for a bit longer, before abruptly stopping. "S-sorry I just... uh" "zoe, it's fine... you sound good" Connor said, folding his arms. "So, are you buying that guitar or what?"

When the two siblings got home, Zoe ran up to her mother, holding her brand new guitar. "Mum!! Look what Connor bought me! Mine broke, so he got me this!!" She exclaimed, showing her mother the new guitar. Cynthia stared at zoe, her eyes wide as her daughter giggled like a small child, before she ran out of the room, clinging to her guitar. The older woman was speechless, glancing out of the kitchen, seeing connor, who was taking off his sweater. "Connor, can you come here for a moment?" The brunette simply nodded, kicking off his shoes, and walking into the kitchen. "What's up mo-" he was interrupted by his mother pulling him into a tight hug. He froze, tensing up slightly, before relaxing in his mothers arms. "Thank you so much Connor" she said quietly as Connor stood in his mothers arms awkwardly. She was quite shorter than her son. "I'm so proud of you... you're doing so much better... I knew you could... I'm so so proud"  the male felt a small smile creep onto his face, tears now rolling down his cheeks as he hugged his mother back tightly. "Thanks, mom"