9| Oh Brother

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

Ava's point of view:

I sit in the same spot he left me in, thinking back to our conversation and to the previous night. The stark difference in his demeanor and attitude is staggering.

"Maybe he's bi-polar" I say to myself, shaking my head at the thought of it. Whatever he is I'm just happy to finally be getting away from him.

I play with the keys he's dropped at my side, contemplating whether or not I want to take the car. I don't really have another way out of this place.

"So am I just supposed to leave? That's it?" I ask myself, walking back into the house.

"Well, I'm not leaving without this" walking to the fridge I pick out a half empty box of pizza. No matter the circumstance, I must always have my priorities straightened out and food... is a priority. I chuckle at myself then head out the door to see my car.

A black Mercedes, not too shabby.

Its nerve racking, making my way out of the driveway, what if this is all a test, say I'm not supposed to actually leave? Either way I have a few words for Brent and I've been dying to let him hear them.

I shove a pizza in my mouth then speed, forgetting that I've got no license. Turning on the radio, I rev up the base and open all four windows so my hair can sway with the wind. I sing carelessly at the top of my lungs which draws quite a bit of attention to me.

A feeling of freedom overwhelms me, it feels good to finally breathe.

Pulling up to my driveway is pure bliss. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight instead of outside in a stupid dog house.

To my surprise, I open the door and find a sleeping Brent on the couch. He snores loudly, a dribble of drool trails out the corner of his mouth.

I slam the door shut, startling him awake. He looks around frantically with confused red eyes. That's what he gets! He frowns when he settles on me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asks.

"I live here".

"Don't play dumb" he scolds getting up from the couch.

"Cole let me come home, no thanks to you" I say.

It's clear that he's angry, and I'm in no mood to deal with him now. I start to walk past him to the stairs but he grips my arm pulling me back.

Standing up, he strikes me, his fist making impact with my jaw "You're the bitch with the curly hair aren't you?" he yells.

"What the fuck are you talking about!" I scream.

"I heard what happened at the night club, Jordan's dead because of you"

He shoves me. I stumble backwards crashing into a glass table, it shatters under my weight.

"It wasn't my fault he wasn't even supposed to be there" I shout, pulling a shard out of my palm.

He chuckles "look at you... so now you're an expert? he was killed because you set him up" he shouts.