30| Turning of Gears

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

Cole's P.O.V

I hate going on these trips, that feeling of homecoming is the only good part.

"Well sir Cole, it was certainly a pleasure to do business with you" the man says in his hearty British accent.

I find solace knowing I can finally get back to the type of work I love. Doing business is fine, but nothing can beat getting my hands dirty.

The trip back home is long, two private jets and a 4 hour car ride later I pull up to my unusually full driveway.

"Looks like the gangs all here" I say uneasily.

Before I even step out of the car, Bryson opens the front door, the look on his face says it all, something is wrong.

٥٥٥

"What happened?!" I say.

"Draco, Kai, Juggy, and Bryson all stare back at me blankly. Jeannie bites her lip anxiously and takes a nervous glance at Kai.

"Why the hell are you here?" I snap at her. Her face drains of color.

"Go on Jeannie, tell him" Kai says through clenched teeth.

She takes in a deep breath, opening her mouth to talk but doesn't say anything.

"I swear to God if someone doesn't start talking right now!" I scold the group.

"It's the A.K's they umm-" She starts to say then her voice fizzes out.

"The A.K's did what?" I snap, my patience spreading thin.

Kai shakes his head contemptuously. "Jeannie gave Ava to the A.K's in exchange for a truce, which they haven't honored by the way, they're still selling on the mutual grounds." he says finally.

"No, I didn't she went with them, willingly" she argues.

"You did what?!" I roar

"It's not my fault!" she squeaks

"I haven't even been gone a week!" I turn around, take in a deep breath, reminding myself to remain calm and approach the situation from a logical perspective.

"Get the hell out, i'll deal with you later" I point to Jeannie.

"She said to give you this" she whispers, handing me a folded up piece of paper.

I growl as I rip it away from her hand. "Just get out!" I shout.

"What are the chances she's still alive?" I ask the guys.

"From what we know, the A.K's don't waste a lot of time. They'll give her three days, to give up some information, after that, she's dead." Bryson answers.

"How long has she been there?" I ask.

Kai says, "Two days, they took her on Wednesday."

I sit and tap my finger on my chin. "If we go on A.K territory we'll need lots of back up, which could instantly start a war. If we try to negotiate for her, they'll ask for a steep price which may or may not involve giving up territory, making A.K's more powerful than us. If we do nothing-"

"I say we do nothing," Draco says.

I narrow my eyes at him jeeringly "why Draco?" I sigh.