48| Tokyo

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

Tattoos in Tokyo?

We've just come back from a concert. My ears still haven't recovered from the blaring speakers. There's a little booze in my system, but we promised ourselves we wouldn't miss this appointment.

Cole goes first, mostly because I'm a wimp. I stare outside the window at the cherry blossom trees. There are people walking everywhere. That's one thing about Tokyo, it's full of people.

It's the time of the day that we call A.M but treat as night. I haven't been able to figure out my days from nights in the last five weeks anyway. We've been country hopping all around the equator. I sneak a look at Cole, he lays on his stomach while the tattoo artist works on his neck. I don't understand how I've ended up here, everything seems to have gone so fast.

I examine the five charms on my wrist. One for Spain, Indonesia, Italy, Brazil, and now Japan. I've gone from hardly ever leaving my house to stepping foot on four out of the seven continents. When Cole said he wanted to show me the world he wasn't kidding.

I stare at the Tokyo Skytree in the distance. There's something important I'm forgetting, I just can't place my finger on it. I squint my eyes and tap my index on my chin. Doesn't Nolan's dad live in Japan? I wonder.

Shit! I almost say out loud.

I straighten up like someone just struck me with electricity.

Nolan!

I completely forgot about him, I pinky promised him I'd come back before midnight... five weeks ago!

He's never going to forgive me. My heart falters, I bite my lip hard. I'm such a horrible person, I feel so bad! I sigh and walk over to Cole's side examining the progress. There's no turning back now.

A squeeze of his hand lets him know I'm still here. My fingers tuck a loose curl behind my ear. I twirl the back of my new diamond earring and blush thinking of the matching necklace that sits in its box back at the hotel. It's hard to believe someone loves me enough to spend all this money on me. I can't keep ignoring the price tag on all these fine fabrics, shiny rocks, and fancy spa's I'm suddenly finding in my path.

When Cole's tattoo is done, I take his spot, tying my hair up in a pineapple so the tattoo artist can reach my neck.

"So you want the same thing?" He asks. I nod staring at his own inked out arms. It reminds me of Mr. Tattoo Face back at home.

I hear a sudden buzzing near my ear, followed by what feels like a thousand tiny needles scraping and vibrating against my skin. Cole holds my hand but the pain isn't as bad as I expected, in fact, it doesn't take long for me to fall asleep.

When I wake up the tattoo is all done and the artist is cleaning me up. He hands Cole and I mirrors so we can see his work. I gasp at the sight of our matching tattoos, this is probably the most cliché thing I've done in my entire life, yet I love it.

The crazy fortune teller lady said so long as we hold on to the principles of our tarot card, our love can remain eternal, so in honor of our love, forever tattooed on our skin: The Three of Swords.

٥٥٥

"They look good, I'm content," I tell him about the tattoos. He throws his car keys on the coffee table.

"You look good, too" he winks.

I blush crimson, my shoes are kicked off my toes. He pulls his shirt over his head and I stare at his broad back. How did I ever get so lucky?

I head over to the large open window that spans from ceiling to floor. The city lights are bright tonight.

Cole appears behind me, placing a soft kiss on my bare shoulder.

I turn to face him. He's got that look in his eyes again.

He kisses my cheek, and I lace my arms around his neck, looking deep into his eyes.

Our lips meet, then our tongues. He builds a fire deep in my core. I wrap myself around him, my legs locking on either side of his waist and we slam into the chilled glass of the window. My dress is pulled over my head. His fingertips brush ever so gently against the soft skin of my inner thigh. Goosebumps rush up my arms. My lacy underwear comes off with one quick swipe. My hands brush over his shoulders and biceps and for a second his forearms. He's soft, and firm, and warm, and he smells of cologne.

Our lips part for a second, our eyes meet just moments before we kiss again with added zeal. His pants come off and his fingers unhook my bra. He takes a second to look over my bare frame. I blush, prompted to bury my face in the crook of his neck. His hands glide over the curve of my butt and then firmly on my hips. He enters me without warning.

I throw my head back with a moan, a bead of sweat forming above my brow.

٥٥٥

We spend our last day in Tokyo on the Ferris wheel overlooking Sumida River. I look up at the stars and then over the bright city lights that mimic them. There's traffic over the bridge but everything is peaceful up here.

At the tip-top, Cole's lips press against mine. I stare into his eyes, they move mountains in me, enslaving my gaze.

"Cole" I whisper. A single breeze blows my words away.

"I love you" I finish.

Our lips press together again and when we separate, he echoes.

"I love you too".

٥٥٥
How did you like this chapter?
🦋 Thanks for reading beautiful butterfly 🦋
٥٥٥