12| Where's Cole

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

Day One without Cole.

The Four take over my training for today, Cole is no where to be found. My shooting is a lot better without him around. The air feels light without him sucking every ounce of joy out of it. However, I can't stop thinking about him. Every time his name is mentioned my stomach takes a dip.

I bring my own clothes to the boxing session today, I insist on wearing them no matter how much Juggy demands I wear the shorts and bra.

My day takes an expected dive off a cliff when Scarlet takes over the class and insists I need to be punished for yesterday. I get the pleasure of finding out what a one minute penalty is.

When it's time for me and Raven to scrap it out. Scarlet ties me down to the ropes around the boxing ring. I'm forced to be a human punching bag. I'm not allowed to scream, cry, or even grunt for the duration of the minute or I'll be subjected to another penalty tomorrow.

Raven smiles like a kid on Christmas morning. She kicks and punches me with all her might. Knocking the wind out of me and pummeling my face.

At the one minute mark, Scarlet is supposed to step in to untie me, but of course she doesn't. At the minute and half mark I lose my cool, I start screaming and thrashing, desperately trying to break free. Raven gets a good kick out of it... Literally.

After the three minutes, Scarlet runs over and says "Woopsie, I completely forgot about untying you" she flashes me a sly smile making it more than obvious that she meant to keep me tied up. "Unfortunately you didn't manage to stay quiet so you'll have another penalty tomorrow" she says.

"I was quiet for more than a minute" I protest and look at Juggy for support. He shrugs and looks the other way.

"You want to make that two minutes" Scarlet says.

Exasperated, I run to the locker rooms and lock myself in the bathroom. I stare in shock at my black eye and bruised body. They expect me to take another beating like this tomorrow. I want to cry, kick and scream, but I keep it all in.

٥٥٥

Day two without Cole,

I keep asking where he is but no one seems to know. I go on with my training as planned, although everything seems almost dull without his constant insults.

I feel comfortable at the shooting range. In fact I'm starting to love the feeling of holding a gun, the rush of confidence, and the feeling of power and control it gives me. I feel like a real badass every time I pull that trigger.

Boxing is the lowest point of my day, of course. I'm starting to accept that everyday I'll be getting a firm beating from Raven whether I deserve it or not.

Today is no different. We change into our gym clothes, run the stairs, learn some new techniques, and practice on the bags. Scarlet then takes over and Raven gets to take all her anger out on me for three minutes.

Scarlet finds a new reason to subject me to a penalty the next day and then I'm free to go.

The routine stays the same for the rest of the week.