27| Kai

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

So that's how it works with men. They switch from one girl to the next just like they switch their shoes.

Men are trash!

I sigh at my reflection, running a hand through my fluffed out curls. I've been feeling the dark cloud of depression creeping up on me lately. I have such mixed emotions about the person in the mirror. Most days I feel I don't even know her.

I miss home, I miss my freedom, but most of all, in the absence of Pedro I miss Brent. He's all I've had for so long I feel myself going through major withdrawal. Not being able to talk to him is seriously triggering. Some days I feel abandoned by him but I refuse to accept that he would leave me too, not after everything we've been through together.

I head for the small closet, picking out everything black I can find. I choose a black T-Shirt and black sweatpants.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring with Principle Robles on my case, the tension between the A.K's and Thirteens. My whole life feels like I've just jumped into the deep end of the pool knowing damn well I can't swim.

٥٥٥

"Here's the rundown" Jeannie says.

"The school is supposed to be mutual ground, meaning A.K's and Thirteens aren't supposed to run any game here. A few years ago it wasn't a big deal because there weren't that many members of either clan. Things started going left last year when school district lines changed causing an influx of Thirteens at the school. We still managed to keep things for the most part peaceful, until one of our members ended up dating an A.K, nobody knew until she got pregnant. Long story short, after she started telling people that it was his baby he killed her. A.K's were pissed so they pulled off a retaliation killing. Since then the feud between both Gangs has gotten worse. A.K's started pushing their product on campus which violates the treaty."

I shake my head in disapproval at the craziness I'm hearing. "Wait, why did he kill his pregnant girlfriend?" I ask.

Jeanie rolls her eyes "does it really matter?" she snaps.

I sigh and look around at the rest of the crew that surrounds us, there must be some 50 members here, I wonder how Jeannie, the only girl managed to be the leader of this whole operation.

"Okay so now we're supposed to try and find a solution?" I ask.

She narrows her eyes at me "that's none of your business, you're the lowest rank here, you have no say in anything we do ." A few of the others chuckle at her admonishment of me.

I raise one eyebrow at her. It's probably better for me not to challenge her authority.

"Okay, fine" I say "so are there any other gangs here?" I ask.

"There's only one that's relevant, Ocho Cinco, they're an older gang that doesn't have much power in our cities but in the northern part of the state they have a lot of reign, there's a small group of them here."

"So how do I recognize them?" I ask

"Their tattoos, they don't wear any particular color but if you see a tattoo of prayer hands and an eighty-five or rosary beads, that's them."