45| Bali

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

I've never had a private pool before.

Bali is filled with a warm tropical aura. A laid back ambiance that requires nothing but handmade flowing dresses, and floor-length kimonos that sashay with the wind. The skies drip blue, the air is humid, and the beach water is so clear I can see right down to the bottom.

We go snorkeling with vibrant fish that couldn't care less about seeing two more stupid humans. We hike up to the peak of the volcano and enjoy the view of the sunset. Steam surrounds us with the smell of blazing sulfur, Cole carries me the rest of the way down on his back.

We visit hanging gardens, elusive bars, screaming elephants and beautiful temples that shine like gold in the Sun.

The nights are filled with music, belly dancers, and beautiful swaying trees.

Cole books me appointments at the local spa. It's a shame I've never had a massage before now, it's a luxury every girl should know. I come out glowing like the fireflies that light up the night sky.

I even enjoy riding through the streets on a motorcycle, holding on for dear life while Cole presses on the gas pedal with no mercy. I let out small shrieks every time we nearly miss the rear end of a truck, I feel laughter reverberate in his back. He tells me to be careful not to catch flies, and when we get off I try not to talk to him. But my hand feels cold without his large fingers wrapped around mine, so I give in to him. I've always sucked at holding grudges.

A charm is added to my bracelet, a little golden elephant. I smile at its little trunk. Elephants are my favorite animal.

Our baths are filled with flower petals, our lips are stained with I love you's, our nights littered with laughter. And on our last night, when we find ourselves caught unsheltered during a storm he takes me into his arms below the glow of moonlight, the sweetness of his lips meets my own and we share a kiss under the tender Bali rain. It feels like a dream, a dream like no other.

٥٥٥
How did you like this chapter?
🦋 Thanks for reading beautiful butterfly 🦋
٥٥٥