39| Checkmate

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

I should've known that in the game of love and war, there's no way I could beat Cole. I spend the night in tears. Crying for reasons unknown to myself. Perhaps it's the humiliation or the feeling of rejection, or just knowing that while I'm alone he's well endowed in company, and probably doesn't care for my despair not one bit.

Mornings come and go, we avoid each other like two long lost enemies, carrying our feud right into the weekend.

As for Nolan, well, that's just another person I'm forced to avoid. After our frustrating conversation, I have no words for him, even worse, I've got no excuses for my behavior.

Word of the cold-blooded killing of Kevin Fisher has quickly spread around school. Judging by the hateful glares from students, teachers, and especially Principle Robles it's clear to me that everyone feels I'm somewhat to blame. They also know that due to the nature of the killing, no justice will be served in his case. The only closure Kevin's loved ones will getis the arrays of flowers and balloons left at his locker and grave. In other words, the police department along with everyone else in town knows very well who is responsible, but there's no way in hell that particular person will face charges. With all the corruption in town, he'll walk away free, never having to think twice about Kevin Fisher, and the authorities will work overtime to bury the story.

Friday night comes along and I'm more than ready to let loose for the night. I call on unlikely allies, Scarlet and Raven to help me out. They insist on coming over to help me get ready and I secretly don't mind.

"Welcome to the dark side," Scarlet says, pulling me into a hug as she galavants into the house.

"Yeah, I heard you put that blonde slut in her place" Raven adds as she pushes past Scarlet.

"Thank god, I hate that stupid Katie, she was always butting in my business when I was with Cole."

I stare at them wide-eyed.

"Well don't just stand there let's get moving, we have a lot of work to do," Scarlet says frowning at my hair and outfit.

Leave it to Scarlet to always be armed with snappy remarks, It's like this girl lives and breathes shade. She passes through my hair with her steamy flat iron, commenting on how split my ends are and how she swears Cole is already giving me wrinkles.

"Seriously, let me give you some advice hun," she says. "Keep your feelings in check, especially if he was your first time. I mean I'm not even the type of girl to catch feelings... like at all, but he was fucking me so good, I nearly lost my mind there." She says.

"Yeah, we were there Eleanora" Raven teases, addressing Scarlet by her medieval middle name.

Scarlet shoots her a glare and then continues speaking.

"He used to have me sore from all that friction, I swear I was hooked" she laughs.

I wince at her crude remarks, refusing to confirm or deny any of their speculation.

"Hey, what does Katie do anyway?" I change the subject.

"Oh Katie, she's a pimp" Scarlet Says.

"She's a what!" I exclaim.

"Mhmm, a couple years ago she was running the largest prostitution ring in the state, making millions off of other women's bodies. When she finally got caught, Cole got her out of jail as a top recruit for the gang" Raven says.