15| Scarlet

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

"I know they're gang family, but I don't want you talking to any of those guys" Cole says.

He's sent Scarlet inside the gym, I sit in the front seat avoiding eye contact and listening to him scold me.

"I told you already it was nothing, I wasn't even out there that long, why do you care?" I argue back.

Every word that comes out of my mouth scares me, but I'm so stubborn I keep on blabbering. I remember what Gino said about Cole and his love for publicly severing fingers and toes. If he were to find me out, would he do the same thing to me? or maybe something worse.

He reaches for me and I flinch, nearly jumping out of my own skin. Confusion outlines the wrinkle of his nose "are you scared of me?" he asks? I don't answer.

Softly grabbing my face, he guides my gaze to his, and stares deep into my eyes. "look, I just need you to listen to me."

My stomach flutters. His eyes paralyze me, and I find myself at a loss for words. I take in a deep inhale and nod.

Still looking in my eyes, he leans over. I inhale his cologne, involuntarily biting my lip.

And then he clutches the knob and swings the door open.

"Go" he orders. I stumble out of the car hopelessly trying to catch my breath.

Why does he fluster me this way? Maybe it's his super power.

The constant flashbacks to his intimidating golden eyes and his soft touch completely unravel my focus. I'm off my game to say the least. I need to get a grip. I'm not falling for his tactics this time, I've learned my lesson and I'm reformed

It doesn't help when he shows up again at the end of class, my heart races and I want to panic. I'd forgotten all about the penalty I earned myself yesterday. I surrender none the less and allow Scarlet to strap me down to the ropes.

"So we're going to switch things up today" she says. My stomach sinks, I can only imagine what evil schemes she's got brewing up in that pea brain of hers.

"From now on, you girls will be sparring with me, instead of each other, I think it's time to challenge you a little more" she says with a huge grin on her face.

"So today is your turn Ava, and tomorrow Raven will go.

I look at all the faces in the room. Raven's face is littered with anticipation, Cole looks royally bored, and Juggy rolls his eyes, opting to look away from the situation.

Before I'm ready, Scarlet delivers her first blow, A stiff kick to my abdomen. I moan and double over. I always knew she was skilled, but never expected her to be this strong.

"Remember Ava" she coos "shut up, or you get another penalty tomorrow" the smile on her face makes me sick.

She resumes her torturing, delivering strike after strike. I moan and cry the entire three minutes. My body throbs from the beating.

Juggy, promptly steps in, stopping the fight. "Okay, times up" he says looking at me pitifully.

"Damn, and I was just getting started" Scarlet replies.

As he unties me, my tired body flops to the ground.

"That's pathetic" Cole mumbles. His words sting like lemon on my fresh wounds.

Rolling over to my back, I stare at the ceiling. I hate that bitch, I think to myself, I hate that bitch so much. With a grunt I start forcing myself off of the floor. I hold my head high, walk poker faced past Cole, Scarlet, and Raven, all the way to the locker room where I wipe the blood off of my lip.

"Hey, I'm taking you home" I hear Juggy call. I press my eyes closed and let out a deep breath. "Lets just hurry up" I say.

"You can really take a hit, i'll give you that" Juggy says. We drive down the free way, I open the window to let my hair blow in the wind.

"I really can't stand that girl, I never asked her to join the class in the first place" he continues.

"Then why not tell her to stop coming?"

"It's not worth picking a fight with her, for some reason Cole likes her." He shrugs.

I scoff "I can name a few reasons."

Juggy snickers, then takes a sharp right turn that sends me flailing to the side.

"hey, take it easy!" I protest. Then after a pause, "Why do you all act like his little slaves?"

He ruffles his brows defensively "who are you talking about?"

"You know, The Four"

He laughs "we don't answer to Cole, we're a partnership."

"Could've fooled me".

"Well, actually there used to be 6 of us." he clarifies "Bryson, and Draco were part of the original gang. They took Cole and Jordan under their wings when they were just kids. They were in foster care together, always getting in trouble and shit. Kai was just the smart Asian kid that used to hang around them to avoid getting bullied, you know if you can't beat them join them, type of stuff. As for me, I met Cole, Kai and Jordan in high school-."

"Really" I chime in, "but you look so much older."

"Well if you would just let me finish!" He snaps. I put my hands up in surrender.

"I am older! By five years" He says "I kept getting held back in the 11th grade, I was a trouble maker myself so it was a perfect fit. Eventually I just dropped out of high school and got my G.E.D. When the old gang got torn apart we built it back up together under a new name "The thirteen, because that's the original number of people that founded our gang. Of the original thirteen, only the five of us are still on these streets. So yeah, it's a partnership!" He finishes.

"Wait, could Jordan be the same guy-" I start thinking out loud, he cuts me off.

"Yup, that's him" he spits "fucking trader"

I shake my head in awe "Okay, but how did Cole become the leader?"

We pull up to the driveway "it's a long story, just get out my car."

I hesitate but slide myself across the seat, slamming the door shut behind me "Just promise me you'll tell me tomorrow"

He shakes his head "I'm not driving you tomorrow, Pedro is. Just, stay out of trouble" And with a jerk of his chin, he speeds away.

٥٥٥
How did you like this chapter?
🦋 Thanks for reading beautiful butterfly 🦋
٥٥٥