51| Annihalte

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

Black clouds roll in from the west, a whole army of them.

A dark filter settles over the entire town. At this moment hundreds of black cars packed to full capacity with Thirteen and Ocho Cinco forces are sweeping the city, annihilating and cleaning the streets of every living and breathing thing that happens to be wearing red today. It's a shoot on sight operation, a collective drive by. There will be hundreds of casualties, many of them innocent unsuspecting civilians, but that doesn't matter. Not today. Not when the objective is revenge. Not when the objective is war.

The drumline of gunshots can be heard radiating for miles. I'm in the back seat. There's a Kalashnikov in my arms. My heart is pumping, sweat accumulates on the back of my neck. To my right sits Bryson, and to my left Juggy. Riding shotgun is Draco, and in the driver's seat Cole. We're armed, but we're not here to shoot, we're here to be seen. This is a bold move, the point is to cause chaos in the enemy camps, and it's worked. The entire town is in a frenzy. The mayor has already called 12 times. Helicopters fly above us with news crews, hoping to get footage of the gang war that's just unleashed in the city.

We ride at the tail end of the orchestra. The streets are littered with blood, and bodies, some are still alive. Ambulances wail all around. Bullet holes decorate nearly every shop window. No one speaks, there's nothing to say.

We circle the entire town, ending with the notorious A.K street. But even here things are quiet.

"Where is everyone?" I dare to ask.

"If they're smart, they're hiding," Draco replies with a smirk.

Bryson rolls his eyes and looks out his window.

٥٥٥

"237 casualties," Cole says.

"And counting" Juggy echoes.

They seem proud of this.

They've allowed me to sit in on the meeting. We're in Cole's office discussing the next points of action. The guys are all huddled around his desk. I lean my back against the wall behind him, simply observing. No one pays me any attention, and I don't mind. The gang house is swarming with people in black, and people with guns. I'd rather be in here than out there.

Bradford's arrived from up north. I stare at him because I understand he helped save my life all those months ago. His hair is long and dark, tied up at his nape in a neat knot. It reminds of Pedro. So much has happened I almost forgot this is the room where Pedro died. The blood spots are gone. In fact, the room's been painted over a brand new color. I shake the thoughts away.

"They don't stand much of a chance," Bradford says "it's hard to believe they were stupid enough to start this war."

"I have a feeling this wasn't Arsen's idea," Cole says.

"Brent's going to be in some hot water when that guy shows up." Bradford replies.

Cole smirks and pulls a large rolled-up paper from his desk. "Yeah, but we'll get to him first." He says.

My skin crawls at the mention of my brother's name. I try not to think about what might happen to him. I try to disconnect myself from him altogether, but a lump forms in the back of my throat. I can't go on like this. I have to tell the truth sooner or later, or else...

"We'll have to take over all four of their warehouses" Cole circles points on the map with a big black sharpie "they're going to be heavily protected so we should expect casualties. We're aiming for at least 80 percent of their territory. Taking it will be the easy part, maintaining it will be hard" he explains. "These three neighborhoods will be simple, but the east side projects including fox chapel surroundings, not so much. In the meantime, their leaders will try to push back, all our warehouses and territories will have to be guarded, with Bradford's forces we have more than enough men to achieve this."

Bradford nods, crossing his arms over his chest then he smirks.

"We'll keep tabs on Arsen, cut off the head the whole snake dies, as for me," Cole says "I'm going after Brent.

٥٥٥
How did you like this chapter?
🦋 Thanks for reading beautiful butterfly 🦋
٥٥٥