11| Raven

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

If shame could kill. If guilt could wield a knife and drive it right through my chest. If humiliation were an executioners electric chair... I'd be 6 feet under.

I'm already dreading the day's tasks, and as if things couldn't get any worse, The Four are joining us today. Just my luck!

It's safe to say I'm completely off my game. Cole's eyes burn a hole in the back of my neck, my hands sweat every time I hear his voice and I cant get a firm grip on the gun. Unclean thoughts pillage my once pure and precious mind. He's ruined me. I'm like Eve after she bit from the Apple. I'm like Alice after she stuck her head down that dreaded rabbit hole.

I can't get a grasp on precision, My bullets fly right past every single target and every time I miss my Mark, Cole jabs me with his harsh selection words.

"What the fuck, Ava"
"You haven't hit the target once, Ava"
"What the hell is wrong with you, Ava?"
"Use your damn eyes, Ava!"

As if the heavy breathing, the lips on my most precious sectors, and every tremble in between meant nothing at all. Maybe I imagined the whole thing, but I can still feel him, the presence he left on me. I swallow the growing lump in my throat and hold back tears. Why is he such an asshole?

When the session is over he gets in my face, and says that next time I waste an entire session playing around I can be the target and they'll practice on me.

Whoever said "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" was telling a bunch of lies. And as it turns out what I'm dealing may very well break my bones too.

I couldn't be more relieved to leave, Except I"m reminded that my boxing sessions with Hornball are to start today.

Juggy tries to make small talk with me on the drive there.

He asks "So how old are you anyway?" sparing me a sidelong glance.

I want to tell him "young enough for you to catch a charge" but I keep that comment to myself.

"I'm surprised you've lasted this long?" He tells me.

"It's only been a week."

"Exactly!" he shouts followed by a hearty chuckle.

I roll my eyes. I can't believe it's only been a week. A week straight out of hell. I slap my hand over my face. Oh my god I'm so easy! A week is all it took for me to let him in my pants, and he's not even nice to me! What's wrong with me? I need an intervention!

We park in front of the gym. I'm quickly realizing that this day will only get worse. Because none other than Raven herself waits for us inside. She's accompanied by another girl that I've never met. This girls burning auburn tresses cascade down her back in sleek, shiny, waves. She's nearly as tall as Raven, with a body that should only belong to Victoria's Secret models. She flaunts her toned legs and lean abs in a sports bra and tiny shorts. Her bright grey eyes contradict her entirely. She frowns darkly at me, clearly she's not on my side.

"You'll be training together" Juggy says. "I want you guys to change in the locker room, there's some stuff already waiting there for you, I'll meet you back out here."

Without a word I head for the locker rooms, Raven follows after me with a stupid smirk on her face. I watch her twirl her brown hair into a top bun with long graceful fingers. She reaches for one of the outfits. I choose to be smart and wait until she's all done before grabbing my own identical sport bra, and spandex shorts.