33| Change

٥٥٥
Vote
Share
Comment
٥٥٥

Major life events are often met with a sudden "aha!" Moment.

I settle into Cole's warm body enjoying the awe-inspiring view of the pink rimmed orange sky as the tired sun embeds herself into Gods horizon. I feel at peace here in Cole's arms, I feel like I belong here, like I've always belonged here.

Missing his face, I turn around to face him and I'm met with something even more beautiful than the sunset. His golden auroral eyes dance in the mirage of colors, mirroring the luminescent beauty I've just turned my back to. Butterflies flutter in my chest forcing me to take in a soft breath.

The words he speaks to me are foreign and completely unexpected. Who would've known Cole could be so wise and inciteful. It's yet another layer of himself that allures me.

He smiles warmly. Placing one hand on either side of my face, he guides my lips to his soft ones. My eyes naturally close desperate to savor the moment, to capture it in my mind. And finally, they touch for the first time, the rush hits me like I've just exploded in flames. He tastes of sunshine, and rainbows, butterflies in an evergreen garden, and flowers of wind kissed beauty. His lips move slow and steady, massaging, passionately tangling with mine. We collapse to the ground unable to let each other go. His arms wrap around my waist holding me firmly and protectively. I melt, becoming one with him, forgetting myself completely.

Finally, we come up for air gasping, just in time to catch the last few minutes of the sunset.

We lean our backs into the rocky earth, in the pitch black of the night, the moonlight is our only guide. We draw energy from one another, enjoying the wonder that exists when we become each other's only source of warmth.

Our lips find each other again yearning for that newfound sensation. The one I couldn't possibly describe because no words could ever grasp such beauty. Then we lay there in the dark, losing track of time, losing track of ourselves, losing track of those barriers that kept us from this for so, so long.

When we finally find our way back to the car it's 3am. I lay my head on his shoulder, he drives me quietly back through the dark forest.

٥٥٥

I wake up with butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I'm in Cole's bed, the warm smell of coffee and pancakes surround me.

Cole...

I hurry downstairs unable to wait any longer to see him. I burst through the room, bound down the stairs. I round the corner and...

Pedro.

"Oh Pedro" I say scratching my head. "Where's Cole?"

"Wow, and I thought you'd be happy to see me," he says as he walks over to me.

"Of course I am" I shake my head.

He walks up to me with his arms wide open, wrapping them around me, he picks me up and spins me around "we have a lot to talk about" he sighs.

I sit at the island poking at my plate, unable to give my all to the conversation. I recount the events of my run-in with the A.K's leaving out key specific events that are still too bitter for my lips.

"This doesn't add up," he says tapping his chin, "I think, we should call Brent."

"Hell no!" I snap, "I don't want to talk to him".

"Ava, there has to be an explanation. Cole let me stay with you for the day while he's away, he's being generous I don't think we'll get another opportunity like this" he says.

"You know what, fine, call him," I say now anxiously tapping my foot.

He sighs and starts dialing. The phone rings only twice, before there's a voice on the other end.

"Pedro" he says

I clench my fists.

"Hey boss, umm I have Ava here, and I think you guys should-" Pedro starts.

"You know what fuck this, I don't want to talk to him" I cut him off.

"Umm, okay Ava-" he starts to say.

"Actually you know what give me the phone" I growl, angrily snatching it from his hands.

"You fucking piece of shit, you weak ass bastard, you're a fucking devil" I scream into the phone.

"Ava!" Brent shouts back.

"No fuck you!" I scream, followed by a long 5-minute interlude of me screaming profanities at the top of lungs.

"Are you done?" he says once I'm quiet.

"I'm done with you, yes, I never ever ever want to see your stupid face again," I say.

"You're just saying that because you're mad," he says.

"Mad?.. Mad?" I growl "I'm beyond mad, you killed me Brent, you really killed me" I shout.

"If I killed you how are we speaking right now!" He shouts back.

"The only reason I'm alive" I start.

"Don't even say it!" He warns

"Is because Cole saved me, he did what you couldn't do, he saved me," I say.

"You know what give the phone back to Pedro and don't call me again until you fix your attitude," Brent says.

"Don't expect me to call, you're dead to me." I hiss, then throw the phone across the room and storm upstairs.

Pedro finds me several minutes later. He sits tentatively on the hilt of my bed.

"Cole told me to tell you he'll be gone a while and that on Monday you have to go back to school whether you like it or not" he sighs.

I roll my eyes, but there's no point in protesting, Cole gets what Cole wants, that's how this works.

"Oh and he's giving you your car back" he fishes in his pocket, pulls out the dangling keys.

I stare off into the distance with my furious arms crossed over my furious chest and my furious knees drawn in as I lean my furious back against the cool headboard.

"I'm sorry Ava" Pedro whispers.

"Why are you sorry?" I ask through clenched teeth.

"For everything you went through, I- I know what the A.K's do to their captives," he says softly.

I frown at him "this is the last time you, or anyone else takes pity on me, do you understand? I say "I'm not weak... and I'm fine" I state more to myself than to anyone.

No more weak Ava. No more.

٥٥٥
What did you think of Cole and Ava's first kiss?
🦋 Thanks for reading beautiful butterfly 🦋
٥٥٥