Idyllic Days (Esme-Carlisle Fanfiction)

Hello everyone:) this is my first fanfiction, but I just love Carlisle and Esme and thought I'd give it a try.:D I hope you like it:)

(all rights reserved to stephenie meyer, I do not own any of the characters, except for the ones I created.)

It was just one of those idyllic days. My children were at school, Carlisle was at work and Renesmee was sitting next to me, watching me gardening. She was so adorable with her bright yellow sundress and her yellow hat, which was decorated with a sunflower. Her bronze hair was flowing down in ringlets and she was smiling at me. She looked to be about two years old. (AN: I changed the age of Renesmee to let her be small a bit longer:))

For us time didn't have the same meaning as to humans, but it seemed as if time would pause just for these perfect moments. And time made you forget horrible moments, such as the fight with the Volturi. For me, it seemed like centuries that we prepared for the fight and risked everything to protect our family, although it was only months...

After the events we had considered moving away to forget about the past months, but everyone agreed later that so much had changed our lives here in Forks that the good moments overpowered the bad ones. I agreed enthusiastically.

Edward finally had found his other half and had gotten more than he could have wished for with his beautiful daughter. Rosalie and I finally got the chance to have a child around us, with whom we could share our love and just for a moment we could forget what we really were. Just in these moments, when you lie in the arms of your beloved husband, watch your kids laughing and talking and could hear the splitter splatter of tiny footsteps coming to you, everything felt perfect.
I sighed; these memories always pulled me out of reality.

"Grandma, what are those pretty flowers?" Renesmee asked. "Those are lilies, my dear, and my favorite flowers. Grandpa Carlisle always surprised me with a bouquet of them."
"When is he coming home? I miss him," Renesmee said with those big chocolate brown eyes.
"Oh, honey, I miss him, too, but he won't be back till this afternoon. Grandpa is really busy helping people at the hospital." She nodded sadly and came to sit on my lap. Her tiny hand held mine and she cuddled into me. I hugged her and kissed her head softly.

It was a little funny how much Renesmee adored Carlisle. Not that I didn't understand it, I loved him more than anything else, but he was rarely home, always working and helping others. Although when he was home, it was difficult to get her away from him. She always wanted to play with him, cuddle or tell stories. It was adorable. Edward found it amusing, but Rosalie was a little jealous, but she wouldn't admit it.
Carlisle loved his granddaughter nearly as much as if she would his own child and didn't think of it as a burden at all. So, when her parents were out hunting, mostly I and Carlisle or Rosalie were watching her.

My thoughts were interrupted by a squealing Renesmee.

She dropped out of my arms and ran over to the door. I turned around to see who was already home when I saw Carlisle. He smiled my most favorite smile and had Renesmee in his arms. He then walked over to where I stood with Nessie still cradled in one arm.

"Hello, my love," he greeted me and kissed me softly, but passionately. Then he gave Nessie a kiss on the cheek and she did the same. They looked so beautiful together. Carlisle's blond hair was shining in the sun and his light clothes fitted him perfectly, especially accented with the bright yellow of Renesmee's sundress.

Renesmee only smiled at both of us, but found it boring to watch her grandparents, so she motioned for Carlisle to let her down so she could look at the flowers some more.

That gave us the time to sit down on the bench near the flowerbed to talk and still watch over our little angel. We sat down and I laid my head on his shoulder. We both watched Nessie singing and pointing out the flowers on the way. Sometimes she asked me what the name of the flowers was and smiled satisfied as soon as I told her; she was so eager to learn.