Chapter 74 -Marvellous Day-

Epilogue

The next morning I woke up without anyone in the room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Outside was a storm. The rain clapped against the windows and one could hear the thunder. It was quite cold and I snuggled down in my blanket. I sighed and got up a minute later. I grabbed my nightgown and looked at myself in the mirror. Then I walked to the drawer and took the photo of Carlisle, Carlie and me when she was born, into my hands. I smiled and remembered it so clearly…Everything that has happened ran through my mind and I grabbed my note book and started scribbling it down so that I will never forget these things:

A year has gone by. But not like usual, those were not twelve months with the same routine. This year was the most impressing, unbelievable and life-changing one I have ever experienced: I turned into a human, the miraculous pregnancy, the beautiful world tour and finally we had our baby Carlie Rose  in our arms.

We experienced good and bad moments, though the good always overpowered the bad ones. I cannot imagine how I would have been if nothing of this had happened. This family has grown together even more, my beloved family. Of course, my new humanity brought risks and I was very aware of it. I have nearly died in a car crash, I have had lost my memories and falenl down the stairs. I have had to face new anxieties by being the mother of Carlie. If I only think about the stupid nurse or the mean lady at the graduation and I once again had to face my human memories, but those were passing events and they did not stay.

No bruises, no nothing! I survived all of this: pain, fear, a lover’s grief and loss. I finally have what I never thought I would get: My own family! I got a loving husband, beautiful children, a sweet granddaughter and our precious bundle of joy: our daughter Carlie. I have already experienced the feeling of having your child in your arms, holding its warm weight near your heart. I couldn’t bear to lose her once again. My baby boy still has a special place in my heart, but I’m sure he would want me to be happy and would like his baby sister.

Yet now, I wasn’t alone, not in fear or pain, not on the flight from my abusive husband like so many decades ago. I was surrounded by the people who meant the world to me, my world! I looked up from the book and looked at another picture on the wall, showing all of our kids making grimaces and laughing heartily. Each of them was special and made me proud that they loved me in their own way. I looked into every precious face and saved Carlisle’s for the last. Their love and happiness was evident.

After 80 years my life was full: full of joy, happiness, passion, peace, love, love above all. Love I experienced and love that I gave to others. It seemed that for every pain, every little piece of exhaustion I got my little piece of happiness. Like I was destined  for this life after all.

I shared Carlisle’s belief that we indeed got a soul and that becoming a vampire wasn’t a punishment, but rather a second chance: A second chance of life and fulfilling your dreams. I thought about Carlisle and couldn’t thank him more, he made it possible for me to experience a happy life. Without him I would have never experienced what true love and compassion is. He saved me with his love and healed all my wounds and still comforts me. I am eternally grateful for that!

But not only did he gave me this life, but he also gave me our precious daughter; I never imagined to have my little angel.

I was home at last. Complete! Loved, grateful, happy and actually beyond words. I looked up once more and laughed at my silly tears. I was actually crying! I wiped them away, but the smile stayed permanently on my face.

I looked out of the window and thanked whoever gave me the chance of a new life, the one who led Carlisle to me on that distinct day and the one who gave him the courage to change me and love me, a mere human. Thank you! So much. I might never be able to give you back what you gave me, but be rest assured that my love and gratitude belong to you forever and that I embrace this second chance fully and I will not turn down any opportunity given to us.

I sighed. The emotions overtook me and I let the tears flow. This is not the end of my happy end, I knew that, but if you think that every day something could happen that could destroy your life forever, you feel even more grateful and blessed for every perfect day. Our idyllic days…

“Esme, are you coming?” Alice called from downstairs, “we have to arrange some things.”
“I’m coming,” I called and hurriedly got up from the bed and placed the note book under my pillow. I stood there for a moment, sighed happily and walked out of the room with a last glance at the photos and the book.

“Emmett, stop it,” Rose muttered unnerved.
“Why, Jasper started it,” he argued like a little child.
“Not true, right, Alice?” Jasper begged.
“Oh, come on, guys. I really don’t care who won this time,” Alice answered and I could hear her sigh. Carlisle laughed loudly, just like Nessie, Bella and Edward. I walked down the stairs and Carlisle was already waiting for me at the foot of the stairs and engulfed me in a hug.
“Good morning my love, how do you feel?” he asked and kissed my hair.
“Just marvellous,” I laughed.
“Marvellous?” he asked amused.
“Definitely,” I smiled and kissed him softly. He cradled me in his arms and carried me into the living room, where I could already hear Carlie’s squeals.
“Then let’s hope it will be a marvellous day,” he mused and kissed me further…

Idyllic Days is now finished!

It is my first story after all, and I thank you all soo much for loving and commenting on this story. This really means so much to me! I never thought that I could write so much or write at all:D but the story developed on its own somehow and I fell even more in love with Carlisle and Esme in the process and I really think that they would deserve a baby on their own:)

I hope you will all take a look at the sequel Marvellous Days! I will upload it as fast as I can:)

Thank you all soooo much for everything!! :*

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-