Chapter 29 -More Alone Time...-

The remaining days in Paris we spent mostly indoors; the sun was out and it was impossible for my family to go outside. Carlisle asked me if I wanted to go out, but I said I’d rather stay here with him. We talked a lot and I searched on the internet for baby clothes.

Saturday, I was on the laptop and Carlisle read a book on the coach. I sat in my pajamas at the dining room table. My morning sickness finally subsided! I could eat most of the things now and took that opportunity and ate chocolate. I felt fine for the first morning in the last month. I put my hair up in a messy ponytail and put my legs up on the chair to sit more comfortably. I saw that Carlisle kept on looking in my direction.

I only hoped that he wasn’t still worried about me; after all this pregnancy was even a role model for the perfect pregnancy if that exists with the good and the bad sides. From time to time he sighed or groaned and I thought he was debating something internally. After two hours of that behavior I was really unnerved by him. “What is it, Carlisle? You can tell me. Don’t think that I don’t see your internal debate.” He looked at me, but then looked away… out of shame? I got up and walked to the coach.

I took his face into my hands: “Just tell me, it can’t be that bad.” He debated with himself once again, but suddenly he just began to kiss me. I kissed back eagerly, yet when I leaned into it, he broke the kiss. I sat myself on his lap and looked into his eyes. “Carlisle?” I asked softly. “I can’t, I just can’t,” he murmured. It rather seemed like he talked to himself. Now I really had enough. “Ever since I got pregnant you’ve acted weird and seemed distant sometimes. What is wrong? Maybe I can help?” “No, it is too embarrassing…” He looked at me and then sighed. He knew that if I was determined to know something I will eventually know it. “I…have…needs… but I know that it’s wrong right now. It’ll be fine. Don’t think about it.” I looked at him confused, before I got what he meant. “Oh…” He couldn’t look into my face.

I sat myself straight on his lap to better see his face and began to kiss him passionately. “Don’t…” he tried to say, but I could feel that he already surrendered. I put my hands behind his back and kissed him more. He moved his hands onto my back and stroked it. I let go of him and took off my top, revealing my bra. He watched me with hunger in his eyes. Then I took off his shirt and kissed his bare chest. He got up with me in his arms and laid us on our bed.

I smiled at him and got down on him to get rid of mine and his trousers and underwear…He groaned and really seemed to enjoy every second of this, like I did. He laid me on the cushions and kissed my entire body. I groaned in pleasure. But he wouldn’t go further than kissing. Now I groaned in frustration. “Carlisle…” I sighed. He moved back to kiss me on the lips. I got enough of his carefulness and evasion and just changed positions. I sat on top of him and we started… at the end Carlisle cried out in total joy like he rarely did. I lay on my side of the bed panting. It was absolutely wonderful! I snuggled to him. “Why wouldn’t you want that to happen?” I asked him. “Because of the baby… I could hurt you…” “Carlisle, other people have sex too while the pregnancy. We just have to be a bit more careful… and you know, you could have told me about your needs. I was already wondering, but I thought you just didn’t want to.” “I always want to…” I laughed and kissed him. We started once again and stayed in bed the entire weekend…

On Monday, we would travel to the Provence. Carlisle already packed our luggage on Sunday when I was sleeping. That left us enough time to enjoy breakfast together. I still sat in my pajamas at the dining room table and searched for something to eat through the variety of food presented.

Carlisle, already fully dressed, sat next to me. “Should I give you something?” “No, thank you. I’m still debating what I should eat. Although… could you give me the vegetables there?” he handed me the plate with carrots, cucumber and tomatoes. I took the chocolate cream and dug a piece of carrot into it. It tasted delicious! I tried some more and ate the whole plate. I drank my tea and looked at Carlisle. He seemed to be surprised and even disgusted? “Esme, I don’t like human food but that looked really gross.” “I like it,” I said sheepishly. “You have to eat it,” he muttered and kissed me. “You should get ready now; the others will wait for us at the airport.” “Okay,” I got up and lengthened the kiss. He groaned, but stopped the kiss, “I’d love to but we don’t have the time,” he explained disappointed. “Then later,” I whispered seductively and went into the bedroom. Carlisle’s disappointed expression was somehow funny. I wore a flower-printed sundress, a scarf, jacket and sandals. The weather was still well and I wanted to use that.

Please comment and vote! :D

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer, I do not own Twilight-