Chapter 64 -The New (Play) House-

Arriving in London, we got our luggage and met in the hall. “Everyone here?” Carlisle asked. “Yes,” Edward answered, who had Renesmee in his arms. “Like in highschool,” Emmett muttered. “Hey, remember last time you were nearly lost,” I told him jokingly. “Never mind,” he grinned and hugged me to him. Fortunately Carlie was in the baby sling on Carlisle, otherwise she would have been crushed (although he tried to be careful). “Ready to go? We’ll first of all drive to our house. Just follow my lead,” he grinned and walked to the cars.

Arriving at the house, I could see that everything was just like the last time we took a look. Carlisle had called the designer to check whether she has thought of baby items so that we first of all didn’t have to buy and not bring it with us. According to my designs, she also took care of the furniture and it should all be arranged now. For now, we all shared the house as we were only staying for a week and over the holidays, so there was no need to arrange a second house.

We parked the cars in the curb and the guys brought the luggage inside and into the rooms. Meanwhile I put Carlie out of the car in her carseat. She was cuddled into her coat and blanket so that she wouldn’t get cold here. We walked inside and Nessie ran upstairs to inspect her room; Bella followed her. Rose walked up to Emmett as Alice got up to Jasper. I sighed glad that we had survived the journey. I put my coat away and got Carlie out of the seat and put her coat and hat away as well. Then I went on to inspect how the designer realized the designs.

The kitchen was exactly as it was planned. It was the nearest room to the foyer to the left. It had wide windows and looked like a romantic old kitchen with modern devices. In the middle was a kitchen isle which separated the rest of the kitchen from the dining room. The first thing I noticed was the bright yellow high chair at the table. Then, when looking at the facilities did I notice that it was overflowing with sippy cups, bottles and anything that had something to do with feeding. It seemed that even the bottles were designer’s. At the back of the kitchen was a small but sweet white cradle.

Moving on into the living room, which was directly attached to the kitchen. It took half of the lowest level in space and was wide and open through the windows. It was held in light colors with the exception of the floor, which was a light brown. And even in the living room did I notice the baby stuff. Away from the other stuff in the left corner was a small “island”. There was some kind of swing fitting to the rest of the room and a huge treasure like box.  Curiously I shifted Carlie to one side and opened the box.

It was overflowing with toys like you can’t imagine. There was everything from balls, stuffed toys, rattles, musical toys and teethers. “Look at that, Carlie,” I told her. She was already watching the colorful items in front of her. I put one of the toys out of the box and gave it to her, before I looked at everything some more.

I think that the house still kept its atmosphere, which was exactly how we wanted it to be and at the same time was modernised and extended. The stairs were still the same and I descended those dark oak steps to the other rooms. I could already hear Rose and Alice talking about what they wanted to do before the Christening and were, how it sounded, putting the clothes into their closets. I walked over to our bedroom. Carlisle was inside to put our stuff away. In our room, too, was a crib. It was bigger than the one downstairs, but I liked this one more because of its design. I was talking to Carlisle when I heard Renesmee and Emmett at the same time squealing. That was odd, considering the fact that not many things got Emmett to squeal. Carlisle and I walked out of the room and downstairs, where the two were standing in the door frame of a huge room, I haven’t looked at.

It looked like a fairytale room. The walls were painted like a magical forest and roses and many other flowers. From the ceiling hung flower tendrils so that one could nearly think he was  standing in a flower jungle. The room itself was filled with lots and lots of toys and other items to play with. One corner was filled with toys like a play kitchen, dolls, stuffed animals and numerous other things. The back corner was like a chill zone. There were huge pillows and a swing attached to the ceiling. The left corner was filled with toys that rather fitted Carlie’s age. There were play mats, play seats, blankets filled with toys, another swing and mobiles.