Chapter 52 -The Supermarket-

Arriving at the local supermarket, we put Carlie into her pram and got a cart. Then the shopping began! I put several items into the cart and tried not to forget anything. Right in the baby section, I put milk powder and diapers into the cart, too, when I heard Carlisle talking to someone. I turned around to see with whom he was talking and it was Mary! “Hey, how are you doing?” I asked her and hugged her. “I’m fine. Peter is in rehab and is doing really well.” I smiled at her. “That is wonderful. I’m so happy for you that everything turned out well,” I said. “Yes, weeks ago my life resembled a mess, but our family is eventually turning back to normal.” “We definitely have to stay in touch. How is little Peter?”

“Yes, definitely; he is fine. At the moment he is with his grandparents for the week. I already miss him although I only brought him there today,” she laughed. “I know the feeling. I cannot really have Carlie out of my sight for too long. But my older daughters play dress-up with her a lot. But Carlie doesn’t seem to mind,” I told her and looked down at Carlie, who was soundly asleep.

“Well, um… would you like to come to our house-warming? We only finished the house and we wanted to invite some friends and family.” “Of course we’ll come,” Carlisle told her. I looked at him surprised that he said yes, but was happy that he did.

“Okay, I have to pick up Peter soon, so I must get going. The party will be next week on Tuesday. I can send you the address,” she said. “Okay, we’ll be there. And greet Peter from us,” I said and waved goodbye when she walked straight to the cashiers.

“That will be fun to have some friends outside of our family,” I told Carlisle. He nodded and kissed me. “The weather should be suitable for us as well next week according to Alice, so there shouldn’t be a problem.” “Then there is nothing to worry,” I smiled. We finished our shopping trip and Carlisle put our supplies in the trunk of our car.

We came seconds after Alice and Rosalie and saw that Jasper and Emmett were just carrying the bags into the house. Carlisle put Carlie’s seat out of the car and gave her to me before he got our bags. “Oh, Esme; I’ve seen that we will go to the house-warming next week so I bought clothes for us all. I hope you like them. It might get a little cooler from now onwards, so I bought some sweet autumn and winter clothes for Carlie,” Alice told me.

“I will definitely like them, I always like your choices of clothes,” I told her and hugged her with my free arm. Carlie was still sleeping in the car seat and didn’t move an inch. “Let’s get inside,” Rose called and we all followed her.

Comment and vote? :)

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-