Chapter 6 -Shopping!-

The next morning, I lay on Carlisle’s chest, drawing patterns on it, when Alice knocked at the door. I didn’t want to stand up and leave my happy bubble.

“Come on, Esme, we both know that you cannot sleep and concerning not hearing me, we also have super hearing, so please open the door.” I stood up grudgingly and took my morning gown, before I opened the door. “Finally!” she said. I gave her a look, but she continued.

“So, get ready, we’ll meet downstairs in ten minutes.” With that she was gone. I looked at the bed, but Carlisle was already in the closet getting dressed. I sighed and mimicked his action. After five minutes, we got downstairs, hand in hand. Everyone was already there and we got to the cars. I drove with Carlisle’s Mercedes of course. The entire ride to the mall, Carlisle had laid his hand on my thigh absentmindedly. I took his hand and stroked it.

After ten minutes, we were at the mall and ready to shop.

“You guys will get your clothes and we will get ours. In an hour we’ll meet here again and do some shopping together.” Alice instructed. No one disagreed as usual, so I gave Carlisle a quick kiss and then we went separate ways.

Bella and Rosalie went shopping together for Renesmee in a kids’ store. Renesmee was with them. Alice towed me to Victoria’s secret. I would have blushed only seeing this lingerie. But knowing Alice we dove right into it and she made me try on several things. After ten outfits I managed to sneak out of the changing room and decided to choose some outfits for Carlisle.

I found a black negligee, which had a slit down to the belly button and a white corsage. I loved both and even managed to buy them without Alice noticing. We bought the other lingerie and moved on to the next shop.

So after buying lingerie, swim wear, jackets, fancy dresses, casual clothes (thank God!), shoes (mostly high heels) and accessories, it was time to meet everyone else. I had at least twenty bags in my hands and it was hard walking straight. From the distance I could see everyone. Rosalie, Bella and Nessie were with the guys already. They only had five bags each, apart from Edward, who carried Nessie’s and Bella’s bags as well.

My only thought was: Alice! Edward laughed so loud I could hear him from here. I walked quicker to be with them. The stares of the people didn’t bother me, but it was still uncomfortable. Carlisle came to meet me halfway to get my bags. “Thank you,” I said fervently.

The others snickered, but were soon silenced by Alice’s glare. “I suggest we get the bags to the cars before we do anymore shopping.” “Excellent idea,” Edward replied and towed his mountain of bags with him to the cars, just like Jasper and my poor Carlisle. Rosalie helped Emmett with some bags, since she wanted to go shopping afterwards, she didn’t have any bags.

At the car, Carlisle dumped the bags into the trunk and pushed a bit so that it can be closed again. “Don’t say anything. I wasn’t my idea to get so much stuff,” I said in defense. “Honey, I didn’t say anything and I know it was Alice. Now, we can do some shopping on our own,” he argued with a wink. I nodded and took his hand.

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-