Chapter 5 -Surprise!-

“Carlisle,” I said, excited. I entered the room, but he wasn’t inside. Suddenly his head peeped out of our closet. I walked to him and embraced him. “Thank you.” “For what?” he asked. “For cleaning up, of course and several other reasons,” I said with a wink. “Always, I was there, so I cleaned it up,” he said self-evidently. I smirked, but let it go. Just then I noticed the luggage.

“Why do you pack?” “Actually I wanted to surprise you, so: Surprise!” he smiled. “Where are we going?” “We planned an around-the-world-tour for you. Everyone is coming along, but we will take off two weeks earlier to have some alone time and the kids have school still.” “Oh, Carlisle, thank you!” I said. “Always,” he replied.

I kissed him excitedly and towed him along to find Alice and Jasper; surely they planned this with him. Before I could knock Alice was at the door with Jasper behind her. I embraced both of them at the same time and thanked them. “We have something to do tomorrow,” Alice said.

I looked at her questioningly. It was the weekend tomorrow, but other than that, we didn’t plan anything. “Oh, Esme, we’ll go shopping of course! We all need clothes for the journey.” “How could I forget that,” I laughed.

At night everyone was in their own rooms doing whatever. Carlisle and I were also in our room lying on the bed. Carlisle took a huge world map and laid it between us.

“We will start here and fly there, then…” He motioned from Forks to New York. Then to Europe, before flying to Australia and South America, we had to skip Africa, considering the constant sun. He explained everything to me, but I was too excited actually to have Carlisle around me for so long, even at nights he wasn’t home, leaving me mostly alone in the house.

I bit my lip. Carlisle was totally concentrating on his explanation. He was currently pointing at Italy; I took his hand and laid it on my thigh, moving it to my hip. He watched me fervently and began to kiss me passionately, forgetting the map between us…

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-