Chapter 73 -Uncovered Mystery-

This is most likely the last 'real' chapter of "Idyllic Days" (apart from the epilogue). I have already planned the sequel "Marvellous Days" and it will most likely pick up where this story ended, but I thought it would be better to split the story at this point... because this story is rather Esme's and Carlisle's journey to having their own baby and the next will focus more on Carlie, her development and the effects she has on her family and the vampire world... I could write this story endlessly:D but splitting it seemed like the better idea, I hope.

In this chapter Edward and Esme finally unravel why she is human and why Carlie is so different to all other half-human half-vampire children. And they have some best friends time:) 

It was too cold to stay outside so we shifted the celebration into our winter garden. The first thing we did though was getting Carlie out of the gown. I cannot image that it was quite comfortable, so I put her into a normal body suit and a leggings.

She then played in her swing until she fell asleep from so much attention and excitement. Carlisle then put her into one of the cradles downstairs and we returned to celebrating with the others. I ate in between but watched the people that meant the world to me.

Emmett and Jasper were talking vividly about something they wanted to do tonight. Edward was playing the piano and Bella and Renesmee were dancing, their laughter ringing through the room.

Alice just came into the room with Rose and they sat next to me. “It was a very special day,” Rose said softly.
“Yes, it was,” I sighed.

“Are you fine?” Alice asked concerned.
“Of course, I am. I am just tired. Today was so exciting. It was such an important event.”
“For Carlisle?” Rose asked with her eyebrow raised.

“No, also for me; but I think I missed Carlie today somehow. Usually I always have her in my arms for a couple of hours or play with her. Today she was mostly in someone else’s, and it’s not like I wouldn’t want you all to hold her as well…”

“You just missed her.” Rose said understandingly.
“Exactly,” I sighed.
“She is still yours and she needs you as her mother,” Alice said and hugged me.
“I know,” I sighed again and cuddled into Alice. Rose hugged me then as well. “My girls,” I laughed and hugged both.

They laughed as well and Bella and Nessie came and hugged us as well. Our laughter filled the room and the guys stopped what they were doing and watched us lovingly. “Care if we join you?” Emmett boomed and just did so.

So in the end, we made a huge group hug, when Carlisle walked inside. I couldn’t see him but heard his laughter. “So you introduced the family hug?” he asked amused.
“I think so,” I said. They others let go and revealed me in the middle of them all. Carlisle walked forwards and engulfed me in a hug.
“And you in the center as usual,” he murmured and kissed my forehead. I giggled and hugged him closer.

“How about a hunting trip before we fly back home?” Alice asked. Everyone nodded apart from Carlisle. I touched his cheeks.
“Carlisle, you can go hunting as well. You already missed the last trip. I’m fine here with Carlie,” I told him determinedly.

He only shook his head. I sighed, because I knew that I couldn’t really convince him. Edward whispered something to Bella and she nodded with a smile. “Carlisle, if you may, I could stay here. I’m really not thirsty.” Carlisle looked at him.
“Yes, I’m totally sure,” Edward answered his unspoken question. “You’re welcome,” he smiled. Carlisle kissed me and then walked into the living room to say goodbye to a sleeping Carlie, before they all went out.

“Thank you,” I said fervently to Edward.
“For what?” he asked and walked to my side.
“For convincing him to hunt; he doesn’t want to leave me or Carlie alone and he only did it because you volunteered to stay at home.”