Chapter 49 -Good News-

On Monday, the hospital called once again when we were all in the living room and Carlie was once again in her play seat. Carlisle answered the phone and after the call told us that the patient awoke today and it seemed that no brain damage has occurred. It seemed as if that news let Carlisle finally relax and he suddenly put me into his arms, swung me around and kissed me. Then the room was filled with Carlie’s laugh. We all looked at her with love and she kicked around happily and moved her hands up like she wanted to be lifted up. Carlisle sat me down and I pulled her into my arms immediately.

She giggled and reached her tiny hand up to touch Carlisle’s arm. He stroked her face and kissed her forehead. “You’re so sweet,” Alice cooed with Rosalie and was watching us. I blushed but smiled at them. “Ready for your graduation tomorrow?” I asked them. “Definitely,” Emmett boomed,” no homework, tests or reading books for some time; then we will have fun again!” I laughed: Emmett will be Emmett! The others then left the room; I think the girls wanted to prepare their outfits and the boys played videogames. Bella was the last to leave, probably dreading the furious actions of Alice. Carlisle in the meantime went into the kitchen to get a bottle. “Ehm, Bella? Could I ask you a favor?” She turned around and smiled,” Of course, Esme. What is it?” “Could you maybe watch Carlie for us tonight? I wanted to surprise Carlisle tonight and ehm…” Bella smiled knowingly and hugged me. “Yes, I will. I know what you mean, Renesmee now finally sleeps through the night,” she winked. “Thank you,” I told her and blushed deep red. She wanted to add something but Carlisle walked back in and we both only smiled at each other.

Later I prepared Carlie for bed and gave her the bottle. Then Bella walked inside the nursery with a smile. “She is changed and fed. And she seems to be sleepy, right Carlie?” I looked down at her and she smiled groggily. “Hallo,” Bella greeted her and stroked her cheek. “Ready for some sister bonding time?” she asked her. Carlie smiled at her and Bella took her into her arms. I kissed her and thanked Bella once again. “Have fun,” she winked and then I walked into the bedroom. Carlisle was still in his office so I made everything ready before I got myself ready in the bathroom. When I heard that Carlisle walked inside and took in the candles, I opened the bathroom door and revealed myself. He gasped and then his smiled like a Cheshire cat. I walked to his side seductively and he grabbed me softly and kissed me. “Is Carlie sleeping?” he asked in between kissing. “I think so. Bella looks after her.” He nodded and then kissed me more… It felt so good to be in his arms and he enjoyed every moment just as much as I did.

Next up: the graduation and lots of drama... :)

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-