Chapter 46 -Amazing Gift-

The next week we haven’t talked much more about what happened at the hospital, I rather let the good moments in my memory and Carlisle wasn’t going back to work in the next time so he wasn’t very concerned about it anymore. Jasper, Alice and Rosalie had their finals today and we were all sure that they will make it. Renesmee was home with us while the others were at school. Our little Carlie was now nearly two weeks old and we couldn’t imagine life without her anymore.

Right now we were all in the garden, enjoying the last few good days of the summer before autumn came. Renesmee has grown older, but she didn’t look older than five and her growth was slowing down more and more. She was now playing on the swing, Edward has installed after our journey. She was giggling as Carlisle shoved her some more. I was sitting on one of the garden stools under the canopy of some trees and watched them. From time to time I could hear Carlie’s fussing and laughing and then I would only concentrate on her.

She was lying in her white cradle next to me and was playing with a rattle and her favorite stuffed animal: the teddy bear Nessie and Bella made. She only wore a white onesie and a white hat, as it was very warm for this place. She has found out that she can play with her feet as well yesterday, so that she wailed whenever she had some kinds of socks or shoes on. That way she was barefoot right now and kicked around contently. “Hello, Carlie,” Carlisle cooed to her all of a sudden. She began laughing and whirled her tiny arms. “That’s not funny,” I scolded him playfully,” don’t scare me like that,” I told him but leaned up for a kiss. He kissed me and sat in the chair next to me.

“Our little sweetie grows so fast,” he told me. “Actually, I thought she was developing like a normal infant?” I asked him worriedly. “Yes, but to me it seems like she is already older, because she can do so many things other infants can’t do, like that…” he motioned to Carlie, who was currently smiling a dimpled heart-breaking smile at us. We both melted away and smiled back at her lovingly. “Well, we have a smart child,” I said somewhat proudly. “That’s true,” he said and let it go, probably enjoying the moment. Then Nessie to us and climbed on Carlisle’s lap:” Can I hold her?” I smiled at her. “If you are very careful,” Carlisle said and Nessie nodded eagerly.

I put Carlie out of her cradle and carefully placed her in Renesmee’s arms. Carlisle held her with Nessie and both looked at her with love. Renesmee smiled down at her with a very lovingly smile and to our surprise Carlie smiled back at her and reached up to touch Nessie’s cheek. Nessie let her do that and she began to cry.

 Alarmed we both looked at Carlie and then at Nessie. Carlie was watching her face and Nessie was looking at her and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. “I love you, too,”she murmured to our daughter. “What was that?” I asked Renesmee. “I think she showed me the love everyone has for me and how much she loves me.”

We were shocked but somehow anticipated that, since Edward already told us that she might have such a gift. Carlie reached her little hands up and wailed when she wouldn’t get what she wanted. Nessie handed her carefully over to Carlisle and she stopped crying at once and touched his face. His expression was full of unimaginable love and pride. I looked at him. “She showed it to you, too?” “Yes, she showed me how much my family and especially she and you love me, it nearly overpowered me,” and that was only the second time that he was near to tears since I knew him.

Then she wailed again and looked at me. Carlisle gave her to me and she touched my cheek as well. It felt like my vision was gone and was rather filled with feelings. She showed me all the faces and let me feel the love from them. I began to cry and kissed Carlie’s forehead. “I love you so much, my little daughter,” I told her and leaned over her to cuddle her sweet face. Carlie seemed content and held me near her by grabbing my t-shirt with both her little hands.

So little Carlie has a gift as well!

Please vote and comment:)

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-