Chapter 45 -The Hospital-

The next morning I woke up from Carlisle talking on the phone. “Yes, of course. I’ll see what my wife will say, yes… thank you. Bye!” I sat up.
“Who was that?” I asked groggily.
“Good morning, love, sorry for waking you up. That was the hospital. My colleagues want to throw a kind of late baby shower for Carlie and us today, but I said that I want to talk to you before I accept anything.”
“Why not? If you want to go, I’ll happily accompany you. I barely know anyone of your colleagues so that would be a good opportunity,” I told him with a smile. He leaned on the bed and kissed me softly. Eventually he leaned further over me and started kissing me more passionately.

Just then Carlie began to whimper in her cradle. Carlisle sighed, but had a loving smile on his face as he walked over to our daughter and lifted her up into his arms. “Good morning, little sunshine,” he said and kissed her softly. I got out of bed as well and greeted Carlie with a kiss as well. “When does the party start?”
“At noon around the lunch break. They already anticipated a positive answer, so they’ve planned everything.”
“Okay, then we should get ready,” I said and pecked his lips. “Can you look after her while I’m getting ready?” I asked him.
“Of course,” he said and began cooing to Carlie. With a smile at my two most favorite people, I got into the adjoined bathroom and got ready. I changed into a deep blue cocktail dress with long transparent sleeves that had a touch of oriental style and pinned my hair up casually. As the finishing touch, I added the necklace Carlisle gave me on my last birthday.

I was walking into our bedroom, but no one was inside so I walked downstairs. Maybe he was feeding Carlie in the living room. But as I walked down the stairs, I could only spot Rosalie, Alice and Jasper.
“Good morning,” they greeted me. They all had some text books in their hands.
“Learning for your finals?”
“Yep,” Rosalie answered unenthusiastically. I couldn't help but smirk a little.
“Have you seen Carlisle?”
“Only half an hour ago when he picked up a bottle for Carlie. He’s probably in her nursery,” Jasper answered.
“Okay, thank you and good luck studying,” I winked. All looked up with a raised eyebrow or a mock glare and only a moment later we laughed lightly.

As I walked into Carlie’s nursery, I found Carlie lying in her crib rocking around and watching the mobile. Carlisle was standing in front of the open wardrobe. “Hi, honey,” I said and walked to his side. “What are you doing?”
“I actually wanted to dress her, but this is like a jungle. I have no idea where everything is,” he told me frustrated. I laughed.
“I already fought my way through it yesterday. Let’s see...” I looked through the items. It seemed to be rather cold today so I picked out a blue coat and a fitting blue hat. Finding suiting strompers was a challenge; there were only dresses... Then Carlisle held up a white flowing dress. I nodded affirmatively and looked through the shoes and found light grey knitted ones. Carlisle already has picked up Carlie and changed her diapers. “Should I get her ready? Then you can get ready as well. We still have to finish the diaper bag.” “Okay, I’ll be back in a minute,” he said and kissed me. I winked at him and finished Carlie.

I could already hear Carlisle downstairs talking to the kids, that just came back from school. Renesmee was running around downstairs singing. I picked Carlie up and walked downstairs. “Oh,” Alice cooed and made a photo of us. I laughed and looked at Carlie who was playing around on her dress and had fistfuls of it in her tiny hands. Rose picked her up from my arms and rocked her. Carlie smiled and swung her arms. I smiled at them and walked into the kitchen. There was Carlisle with Renesmee. She was watching her grandpa preparing the diaper bag, when she saw me she came running to me. “Grandma!!” she screamed happily and I took her in my arms. “You look pretty,” she told me with a huge smile. “Thank you sweety, you look beautiful as well,” I said and touched her nose. “Where is Carlie?” “She is with Aunt Rose,” I told her smiling. She smiled at me and I put her down on her feet and she stormed away to Rose and Carlie.