Chapter 25 -Next Stop: France-

After a lot! Of convincing from my side and Alice’s, everyone finally decided to finish the journey after all, only cutting it down a bit. All the girls (me included) squealed and the guys sighed, well all but Emmett. He was just as happy as we were. The others rather would want me home in case something would go wrong, but I felt fine and the doctor assured the same, so Carlisle was fine with it after all. I think part of it was that even though he wouldn’t want to admit it, he always wanted an own child, but never said it because he knew that I couldn’t give him one. Yet now he finally got what he wanted for so long and I was happy as well not only for him but for me as well, of course.

Right now we were on an airplane on the way to France. We decided to take a tour through the country, making stops in Paris, Marseille, on the coast and in the Provence. We had to admit that it was rather a “girly” tour. We wanted to go shopping, now for the baby as well (I’m so excited!) and my favorite stops were of course la cité de l’amour and Grasse, a small village having a long tradition in producing perfume.

We landed in Paris and took several cars to drive to our hotel. Carlisle took my hand and towed me to a black Mercedes, the same we have at home. He opened the door for me and I sat down. The ride wouldn’t take long, but I enjoyed driving: the feelings of speed and at the same time the calmness and the sound of the engine. I laid my head against the window and relaxed. I was probably the only one exhausted from such a long flight, after all I was the only human in the family, and even Renesmee is stronger than me. I smirked at that, she could probably carry me around with her strength!

Carlisle reached over and caressed my thigh. I looked at him and took his hand into mine. “I’m still thinking about what Robert said,” he said. “What do you mean?” “Do you remember when he said that you are further than you thought? I think that because I’m a vampire the baby will progress faster than a normal human baby, but compared to Bella you’re developing normally. I’m just worried, that you would have to suffer the same way Bella had to.” “Carlisle I’m fine. Renesmee was born after a month; our baby is only in its 7th week of development. I will be fine. I have you,” I told him. “I hope that’s enough, I cannot bear to lose you, not even for our baby,” he half-whispered. “You won’t lose me or the baby, we will be fine,” I said and stroked my stomach. He sighed. I knew that he was still worried but time will show him that I will be fine. We didn’t talk further so I nestled into the seat and fell asleep.

-All rights belong to Stephenie Meyer-