Chapter 39 -Baby Shower-

Today, Friday, Edward arranged the monthly examination to see if everything was alright. Carlisle brought all the necessary machines from the hospital home. I was once again laying on the examination chair and let Edward and my husband check us up. From their expressions everything seemed to be fine. “And?” I asked them. “The baby is growing faster than usual but at a pace that doesn’t mean any complications. Measured by the size, you’re in the 28th week.” Edward explained to me. “So I’m nearly eight months pregnant?” I asked them incredulously. Carlisle nodded. “I haven’t even felt it, only the immense size of my stomach,” I told them jokingly, but I couldn’t believe it, only at most a month to go until I have my baby in my arms, an hour ago I thought it would still take three months. “And the other good thing is,” Carlisle began with a beautiful smile,” that you don’t crave for blood like Bella did, that means that our baby is more human than vampire. That would then also explain the “slow” growth.” “Will she still grow faster than a human?” I asked them.

“Probably, but only slightly, we can’t be sure by now. We will have to see after the birth.” I nodded smiling. “So, you’re finished for today,” Edward said with a smile and they both helped me up. “Slowly I really feel like a whale or a ball. I cannot even sit up on my own,” I laughed. They both looked at each other than at me and laughed whole-heartedly with me. The others came in with a questioning look. “What’s so funny?” Alice asked. “My status of a ball,” I told them while laughing. Emmett’s laughter boomed through the house and Rose and Alice smirked as well.

The next day the girls have arranged a baby shower. The boys were also allowed to participate after a lot of whining on their part. We were seated in the living room. Carlisle and I sat on the loveseat, I was rather leaning on his shoulder to sit more comfortably and he stroked my hair. In front of us sat Alice with Jasper and Rose with Emmett and on my left sat Edward with Bella and Nessie on her lap. We’ve already ate cake (i.e. Renesmee and I did) and now we were all eager to know what we would do now. “Time for presents,” Alice announced. I smiled at them lovingly.

I should mention the entire decorations they’ve put up for the baby shower. The entire first floor was decorated with white and pink fabric. The door frames were hung with ribbons and tulle and the kitchen transformed into a pink wonderland with crystal bowls with white, pink, and purple flowers, mostly wild flowers and roses. The living room had the most decoration: the dining table was covered in white and pink cloth and had flowers on it accented with candles; from the ceiling hang ribbons, cloth and balloons. It wasn’t too much though; everything was balanced out and looked beautiful plus through the candles the atmosphere in the room became comfortable and cozy.

“The present from us all will be the nursery, but you won’t see it just yet, it’s not ready. But we also prepared some other gifts,” Rose told me. “Mine first,” Emmett announced happily. We laughed. “It’s also from me,” Rose interrupted him. “And Rose’s,” Emmett said with mock annoyance which earned Rose rolling her eyes. “Here,” Emmett said and placed a white basket in front of me, which was entirely wrapped in white and pink ribbon and tulle. I opened the huge ribbon and the rest of the cloth opened up to reveal a basket full of baby stuff.

I looked through the things and I was nearly crying when I recognized something. “That looks just as the baby bonnet I’ve had as a baby,” I said and took it into my hands. It was light pink and on it were embroidered flower patterns; it could be tightened with a light pink satin ribbon. I stroked it and unwillingly laid it on my lap to look through the rest. There was also a vintage rattle out of wood out of my childhood and a beautiful white satin dress that fitted perfectly to the bonnet. “Thank you so much that is so beautiful,” I told them and hugged them. They both smiled and watched me holding the stuff to look at it closely. I put everything carefully back into the basket and wiped the tears away. That will be a long day like that, I thought with a smile. Carlisle stroked my arm and watched me carefully. “I’m fine,” I whispered and pecked his lips.